SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annaliisa_mcadams

Help! Purchased Adeniums online and they haven't done anything yet

Anna-Liisa McAdams
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I bought 3 Adeniums from 3 different sites. 2 of them are obviously grafted. So I think they are Bonzai Adeniums. And the third is a "regular" Adenium. They looked healthy enough when they arrived. Gave them all a few minute soak in water to rehydrate them with a drop of Superthrive. I read somewhere (maybe here) that to make the caudsex fatter, replant with the hairlike roots a little above the soil so they would become legs and make the caudex grow fatter? Is this true? Because if it isnt, I need to repot right away! Also, I have had them for a month on a shelf in the bathroom, they get southern light. and yet I still dont have any leaves!

This is the first one I got and you can see the little roots coming out of the side. Should it be planted deeper? It arrived with leaves like this, but now they have all fallen off and there is nothing. I will take pictures of the other two with the graft. is it because it's winter? I have a really big adenium a few years ago in my bathroom and it flowered all year long. Never had any problems with it. What am I doing wrong?

Comments (12)