SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suzanne_sl

Haven't bought a bed for 34 years-need help

suzanne_sl
11 years ago

Really. My husband gave me a waterbed for my 27th birthday and all these years later, we still have it. I love sleeping in my waterbed. Unfortunately, it gets harder and harder to make that bed now that I have arthritis in my fingers. [The edges of the bag of water need to be lifted and the sheets pushed under while at the same time poking down the edges on either side of the corner you're working on so everything doesn't roll right back up. Sometimes you can do it in one try. This is followed by poking all the edges in while the mass of water tries even harder to push those same edges up. Not so fun anymore.]

We started with a renovation to the kitchen a year ago, and now we've gotten to the last room - ours. It's about half emptied and I bought the paint today. We're a little slowed down by availability - or not - of bamboo flooring to match what we have elsewhere, but clearly a decision on the bed needs to be made soon.

When did they start making beds so high you need steps to get into bed? Who thought it was a good idea to make the bottoms so low you can't vacuum under there? If we find our bamboo flooring, at least we could get a swiffer under the bed. Some beds we've seen are so creaky they would announce to the whole house every time you turned over, or worse. What's with Memory Foam and gel thingies in Memory Foam, or pillow tops? Maybe the ones from Costco, but those sets are so tall you need a ladder.

What do you have in the way of beds and mattresses that you like that actually have practical features for practical people?

Comments (41)