SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anthony_leveto

Haven't been here in a while but I'm about to restart FL veggies...

Anthony Leveto
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

People of Houzz....I've been moving around lately over the past couple of months and I've only had my container lime, orange, and raspberry which is why I haven't posted here for a long while. (Hey I'm a grad student so it happens)... You guys might remember me from having the "GrowDome" that had container veggies. Now I'm ready to get back in the swing of things! I'm in a new place and one I'll be at until I hopefully buy a house when I'm done at the end of next year with grad school. Anyways I have a few roommates attm now, all cool, and the landlords have (somewhat enthusiastically actually) allowed me to build some elevated raised beds to put in my hugeeee fenced in back yard. I've built two of them for now from scrap wood from one of my jobs here which is a hardware store. They are identical and measure 8ft by 2ft by 16in deep. The legs of the beds are 24" tall. There are 18 3/4" holes in the 3/4" plywood on the bottom of each bed for drainage. Not seen in the photos is the 1/4" hardware cloth lining the bottom and then the weed barrier bed liner. I'll be getting the planting mix this Monday am along with starts of broccoli, brussel sprouts, lettuce, tomatoes, bell peppers, etc. Anyways any thoughts, comments, concerns, suggestions, or really whatever. I'm back baby!

Comments (8)