SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
barbara_kelly6949112

Why my Garden Room is gone and I haven't been here in awhile.

Barbara Kelly
13 years ago

So,

Remember my lovely screened in carport with windows? Gone. Remember my lovely self-built stairs? gone, my nice little fish pond in the rocks? Also gone.

What happened is, 2 months ago a gentleman came walking down the drive (we rented a lot behind my daughters house) and it turns out he was a Real estate agent, there to lock the doors as my daughters house was in forclosure. To late for me to do anything about it, and we had 21 days to vacate.

Hysteria? You bet, Panic? you bet. Stress? yup. So, I called all the agents in town, and went looking for somewhere to move to.. Imagine getting everything you own off the property in 3 weeks, what whould you do?

Found a storage building and rented two huge rooms, and started moving. (hubby was in upper Indiana) moved all I could in between looking for somewhere to go to.. Remember I had 3 large carports 1 24/36 ft 14 ft tall.

I was driving from a storage run and spotted a real estate office I hadden't called yet. Stopped in, and the agent said, I might have something, lets go look and see what you think. Off we went, YES! Its perfect, can I afford it yes, can I finance it, no. Its an older singlewide on almost 2 acres, and no finace company would touch it.

Agent checked with owner, and yes, they would finance with significant down. Yes! So this was day 6 into move. Finance difficulity with borrowing enough for significant down.. working on that, in the meanwhile, owner says I can move stuff onto property, after agreeing to sale with full price agreed upon. Yes! So moving carports, outdoor kitchen, outdoor stuff and fish, plants, storage buildings, and RV (while living in it) Got everything moved, after much effort. (new place is 45 miles away)

problems with financing solved, and contract signed on day 18!!! moved final stuff, and now have been building fish pond, making home liviable, some landscaping. I know have 5 porches, a carrage house, 3 storage buildings, and an orchard with 8 apple, one pear, one grapevine, and a bunch of blackberry bushes. Tons of maple trees, creek down one side. No where for outdoor kitchen. Place doesn't even have an outdoor faucet? Crazy, so I now have rain barrels, soon to be installed.

Now, theres breating room.

Really amazed and its been a true miracle! I can't imagine anyone else finding this out and moving and closing in 18 days.

So, altho I miss the outdoor Garden Room, I love this place, and will make it mine!

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!