SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardnpondr

ANNIE>>>>HELP to see IF we can make this a canning recipe please

gardnpondr
8 years ago

This recipe is sooo sooooo good and had many many good comments so I decided to try it. One person liked it so well they said they cooked it 3 times that week. I'd like to can it and I KNOW some of the things couldn't be put into it when canned but could put it in later.

I know you can't can oil but thinking one could put the curry paste in when frying the chicken which I add to mine. I could add the coconut milk when it's opened once it's canned. This is just soooo good I'd love to figure out a way to can it and then only add the coconut milk when ready to eat it. Would you help me Annie and tell me how to do it?

I didn't do the garnish I just used cashews and used rice instead of noodles. I know you can't can rice or noodles either.

could I do the garlic cloves, the fresh ginger (ground up), red curry paste, chicken broth and cooked small pieces of chicken and cook that really well? Then when ready to cook add the coconut milk and rice noodles or rice.

Spicy Thai Curry Noodle Soup- yields 4

3 garlic cloves, chopped

2 tablespoons fresh ginger

2 tablespoons red curry paste

2 tablespoons coconut oil

4 cups vegetable or chicken broth

3 cups coconut milk

6.75 ounces of thin rice noodles

(This is the granish) Fresh cilantro, thai basil, red chili’s and green onions.

Combine the garlic, ginger and curry paste in a small food processor. Add the coconut oil and combine everything well.

In a large pot, heat the curry-coconut paste over medium heat, frying the paste gently for 1-2 minutes.

Add the chicken broth and de-glaze the pot. Add the coconut milk and bring the broth to a boil. Season to taste with kosher salt.

Either place the noodles in the boiling broth, or pour the boiling broth into a bowl of dry noodles and let the soup sit while the noodles cook and soak up the hot broth.

Garnish with fresh cilantro, thai basil, red chili’s and green onions.

Cooking time: 15 minutes

you can EVEN do this: Saute an onion in the curry paste and when soft, remove it and set aside. Then sauté the shrimp shells of a half pound of shrimp in the leftover paste/oil, and then add the broth and coconut milk. Simmer with a lid on for 15 minutes. Then I scooped the shells out with a chinese spider strainer and then added the onions back in and the noodles and threw the half pound of shrimp in.

Comments (5)