Facebook Issues?
11 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (20)
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
Related Discussions
Educational laag...
Comments (23)timbu - aren't you cute?! :-) Great picture - nice to 'see/meet' you! laag - are you a horse person too?! I was in my younger and healthier days... I don't think you have to worry about being 'wordy'. You are the soul of brevity compared to me! I think it's better to offer a more detailed explanation than nececessary than it is to not offer enough explanation because you assumed something was understood that wasn't. Which sort of relates to Karin's 'check your assumptions' comment. It's easier to cut short a detailed explanation when it becomes obvious that you're covering familiar ground, than it is to back up and explain further when it becomes obvious that the other party is not following you. The important thing - especially with the client base I assume you target - is to never appear to be 'talking down'. You need to explain things without appearing to be doing so.... drtygrl - the Facebook issue is a tricky one for sure. I've never felt comfortable with that format. I prefer the type of interaction on forums like this, where the discussion feels more like a conversation. I'd be interested in a link to pictures of your work though... Karin - I'm intrigued... what is your background/degree? 'Check your assumptions' sounds scientific...?...See MoreFacebook Group ADMIN Question.
Comments (3)Hmmm... I noticed I can't delete a comment from my page but if I go to the post where I made the comment, I am there given the option to delete it (an X is to the right). So, I can't delete a Happy Birthday comment to my friend from my page; it appears I have to go to her page to do it. Could that be it?...See Moreand I just started looking at facebook
Comments (6)Schrems was surprised to discover, among the 1,222 pages of data covering three years of Facebook activity, not only deleted wall posts and messages, some with sensitive personal information, but e-mail addresses he'd deleted and names he'd removed from his friends list. Well of course it's still there. It off the page but still archived. that goes for almost anything and everything you post on the net. It's not a Facebook issue. It's part of the new age we live in. You can burn a letter or paper doc. You can't burn content off the internet. You can clean your own house but once it's out thee it is out there. I hope he has what it takes to be a better lawyer. He's not a very savvy IT guy. LOL...See MoreAdult SD & ex-wife issue
Comments (7)If you block someone on facebook, it disables them from seeing anything you post & disables you from seeing anything they post. In the privacy settings, you can control who sees your posts, pics & everything else but someone that is not blocked may be able to inadvertently see your post anyway. At least that has happened with me. The safest way to make sure she won't see anything you post is to click on her page, even if it's a private page, it allows the option to block this person. (where it says report/block this person) and after that, let SD deal with her own mother. Don't worry about anything you do upsetting her... your existence will upset her so trying to talk & rationalize with her will only throw fuel on the fire. What she is doing, is destroying her own relationship with her daughter. Eventually, the daughter will have had enough & limit contact or stand up to her & force the mom to step back. It has nothing to do with you....See More- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
Related Stories

HOME TECHFacebook Meets Fido: Pet Connections for the Digital Age
Three new products let you communicate with your dog or cat while you're at work
Full Story
You Said It: Hot-Button Issues Fired Up the Comments This Week
Dust, window coverings, contemporary designs and more are inspiring lively conversations on Houzz
Full Story
LIFEHouzz Call: Show Us Your Nutty Home Fixes
If you've masterminded a solution — silly or ingenious — to a home issue, we want to know
Full Story
MOST POPULAR15 Remodeling ‘Uh-Oh’ Moments to Learn From
The road to successful design is paved with disaster stories. What’s yours?
Full Story
PETSSo You're Thinking About Getting a Dog
Prepare yourself for the realities of training, cost and the impact that lovable pooch might have on your house
Full Story
MY HOUZZMy Houzz: DIY Charm and Thrifty Finds in Montreal
Color, reimagined secondhand discoveries and a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude transform this family’s rented apartment
Full Story
LIGHTINGHouse Hunting? Look Carefully at the Light
Consider windows, skylights and the sun in any potential home, lest you end up facing down the dark
Full Story
LIFEYou Said It: Imagine It Empty and More Tips of the Week
Home projects from the past week can help you break through a creative block
Full Story

Tamara