SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
the_foxes_pad

Stylish or Visual Vomit? Thoughts?

the_foxes_pad
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

For many yrs now I have had a love/ hate relationship w/ my king sized wrought iron bed in our small MBR. I've been to GW multiple times over the yrs. about what I could do to live w/ it in our small bedroom.

You've given me advice on slipcovering it, ditching the footboard part (i.e.: my "Nah, this won't work clothes holder" if you ask DH) and most recently repainting a full sized curbside find chippendale bed high gloss white & outfitting it w/ a queen mattress.

I had this whole eclectic, urban, 'antiquey', modern, feminine, spin thing envisioned & over the yrs slowly started acquiring pieces and pulling it together. It would hinge around either my current black wrought iron bed or the 4 poster chippendale curb find painted in a high gloss white.

Well - I found a bed on CL the other week. It is not white. It is not black. It is not feminine nor chic. It is however lovely and simply another style that I full appreciate and like very, much. It is a queen maple pencil post bed and a totally different design direction.

So this afternoon I put together a moodboard to see if I could tweak what I already planned to work w/ the new bed. I will get a new mattress for it in a few weeks or month or so.

What do you think? Does this look alright? There's lots of different woods, and different styles of furniture. Empire, Shaker, Modern/ industrial laminate......a real mishmash but I think that it works...... When you have this many different styles going on in 1 room it's a fine line between stylish and crap. I have nearly all of the elements that are pictured - I have just never pulled it all together until I had a bed.

I couldn't figure out how to get the pictures to post as a 'whole' so you'll have to click on the green link below.

Thanks for your thoughts! There are comments on each picture about exactly what it is that I have or have something similar to.

Mixed Up Bedroom Style Moodboard

Comments (31)