SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenman28

It's Jade time!

'T is the season! Yes, time for yet another Thread on these beautiful plants.

After a hot, awful Summer, things are finally cooling off...and that means lots of growth and the appearance of flower buds. So far, however, only one of my Jades is setting flower buds, but there may be more in the months to come.

The fairer variegates did not fare so well. They burned terribly and had to be brought indoors or relegated to the shadiest parts of the deck....but even that wasn't sufficient to keep the leaves pristine. Next Summer I will need to come up with a better plan, so that I can get the 'Red Horn Tree' to color up.

Josh

Crosby's, 'Skinny Fingers,' and green C. ovata obliqua.

Another Crosby's, bonsai training....

C. arborescens, bonsai
detail of leaves....
The remnant of a large cutting from Joscience. The top froze, but the stump remained.
Three new branches emerged, and so I call this one Die Drei Saufer....I hope that's correct German.

A couple of bonsai 'Gollum'

A pink bloomer. Cutting from John in Oregon...

This cutting came from a 77 year-old Jade named Silverina. Cutting from Aeredalemom, I think. Can't remember her exact gardenweb handle. It took a tumble this Summer, so I whacked back all the upper limbs.

And this is the only Jade to be setting flower buds at the moment. A very reliable plant, which I grew from cuttings from a gardenweb member. Pink bloomer. This one is growing in pure Turface, and is a testament to the fact that plants can easily draw moisture from Turface. One of my best looking Jades.

Comments (41)