SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susantaylorbrown

Hiding a closet pole when not in use (and not using a curtain?)

We are in the midst of a major remodel with three interconnected spaces- the master bedroom, the master bath, and the laundry room. The previous owners had a bunch of little walls chopping the master bathroom up and there was a pocket door separating the laundry from the bathroom. We took those down to give us a much larger space. (Or at least the illusion of one.) And we can now also add some stud space storage. Woohoo.

So while they are framing the walls I am trying to make the final decisions around the laundry. We will be enclosing the washer/dryer with a counter on top and the space on the side of washer/dryer will be for laundry baskets. The ideal spot for a closet pole will be above the washer and dryer and that's fine except for one thing - when I don't have clothes hanging on it, I don't want to see the pole.

Does anyone have any creative suggestions for this? The one caveat is that I don't want to hang a curtain there. I was thinking maybe a false front (we are going to do a shelf above the pole) that was hinged. So far, that's all I have.

Thanks in advance.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022