SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mxk3

Anyone use a regular curtain rod to hang a shower curtain?

mxk3 z5b_MI
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Trying to problem solve here -- looking for input, ok if you guys tell me this is a stupid idea. I am having a devil of time figuring out how to tie the mish-mash of colors I've got going on in my small bathroom. Wall paint is easy --> dark teal (it picks up tiny mosaic accent colors in the light blue floor in there), but I have to paint the vanity too, right now it's a butt-ugly "distressed" white with blue. So, I'm thinking something like in this pic may work (and the wall color is close to what I picked out, which is BM Beau Green):

BUT -- I've got grey shower tile to deal with. Not just plain ol' grey. Oh no, that would be too simple. The other owner tiled the shower stall in a shade of cool grey, then he decided to put 3" tile on the outside of the shower stall in a warm grey, and this goes a 80" or so up the wall. Sigh....if I put white paint next to that wall tile it will stick out like a sore thumb.

So I thought if I got an extra-long white shower curtain and hung it outside of the shower stall to cover the 3" tile on each side of the stall, that would solve the problem and I can run with something like the above pic.

Truthfully, I don't even like white, but I'm at such a loss what to do with that vanity. DH said he'd replace the vanity top but not the entire vanity, so I'm stuck with it. (plus we eventually want to totally remodel, probably few years from now, so this is just a fix to tide me over).

So, would the outside mount curtain look stooopid? Or is there any doohickey that would enable me to hang a traditional shower rod on the outside of stall?

(I've got a dumb phone so no pic of my own bathroom right now)

Comments (5)