SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mary_freelove

Why has Anderson ruined this floor?! So disappointed!

Mary Freelove
8 years ago
My builder installed Shaw's Southern Vista floors (color: Sand Dune) in my new home in summer of 2013. My house flooded in summer 2015, so contractor ordered Southern Vista, Sand Dune, which is now produced by Anderson Floors. When the order arrived, the boxes contained short, medium, and long pieces. (Please notice the lovely photograph on this website show *only* long pieces.) The long pieces in the box appear to be okay, but the short pieces are apparently not finished using the same process, because some of the beveled edges are very rough, some are not even beveled at all, ending is a sharp edge. The short pieces that were hand-finished (according to the factory rep on the phone) are inconsistent, and rough to the touch.
But my original floor was made up of *only* the beautifully finished long pieces. (As in the photo.) Yesterday, they told my flooring contractor they could not sell him a shipment of *only* the long pieces (though that is what was in my house originally) because it would mess up their manufacturing process. (I guess each box they ship now has short, medium, and long pieces?)
At any rate, I advised the manufacturer's rep on the phone that he can relay my sentiments on the decrease in quality of this product. Anderson Floors is really giving themselves a 'black eye' when they changed their production process on this lovely floor just so they could use every last little (short) piece of flooring.
Anderson Southern Vista · More Info

Comment (1)