SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smm5525

So disappointed. Flooring discontinued so kitchen plans need to change

smm5525
7 years ago

I'm so bummed. We planned to expand our kitchen 2 feet into the dining room by removing a dining room built in. I looked online and found several places that had our floor listed on their site. When I called them, I learned the floor was discontinued in 2012 and no luck finding it. Our entire first floor is one continuous engineered, handscraped wood floor.

We have a box in our garage left over from when it was installed in 2011. I can still expand but I planned on moving my island over to get wider aisles between sink and island. Looks like the base cabinet for island will need to stay the same size, hence no wider aisles because I don't have enough floor. I can get a larger island and a little more aisle width but not between the sink and island.

I don't know if I should even bother expanding or just sticking with current layout. I'm feeling very discouraged and hard to see how this will all play out. I'm not sure how anyone is going to match the handscraped engineered pre finished wood flooring to get the kitchen I want.

Comments (9)