SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elba10

Empty Nest Fest

elba1
8 years ago

Hi folks, my husband and I are now empty nesters (seasonally, as both kids are in college)! Was thinking of having a get together with some couples that are also newly empty nesters. I tried to google food ideas with that theme, but it seems like they are all on Pinterest, and I don't do Pinterest, so I don't have access to them. I thought of the basic stuff related to birds leaving the nest, like deviled eggs and those chow mien noodle nest treats. Saw one idea about hash brown cups you could fill with something. Thought of spaghetti or rice nests that could be filled with pulled chicken or something. Could be other empty things to be filled, like stuffing peppers, but that is generally not universally appealing (my husband isn't too big on stuffed peppers himself). I would probably do a main dish, one or two other things, and a main dessert - maybe empty waffle bowls/sundae bar type thing, but am totally open to suggestions. Was thinking when I do the inviting, would mention the theme with some suggestions, not hold them to it, but to get the ideas flowing. Thanks for any ideas!

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022