SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
larsi_gw

Great way to get better & deeper rinsing in Electrolux Washers

8 years ago

So...this might sound a little complicated, silly or time consuming, but once you try it, it's super easy and takes no longer than a regular cycle!

I almost always use Normal, Heavy Duty or Whitest Whites on my Electrolux Washer. Hot water, Max or High Spin, Max Fill/Add More Water, Normal or the next level more for soil level, Fresh Rinse and Shrink Guard (which is a 10 min reverse tumble after the final spin). This runs roughly 55 mins to 1:03 or 1:05.

For those of us who own and use a 60 or 70 Series Electrolux Washer, (or any other low water using Front Loader) we know the Add More Water / Max Fill option ONLY applies to the wash water levels, and it adds a great amount...sloshly, splashy and visible water levels. It sadly does nothing for the ridiculously low rinse water levels.

My new way works brilliantly, if you are home and can re-start the washer. If I need to leave the house, or use Delay Start...then I just do it the regular way and add Fresh Rinse!

Instead of doing one 55-60+ min cycle with 3 rinses (Fresh Rinse option)...Do TWO shorter cycle (25-30 mins). Use detergents and additives & Max Fill/Add More Water, but NO softener for the first wash. Use whatever spin speed suits your needs or preference. NO Fresh Rinse (3rd rinse option). This gives you a wash cycle and 2 rinses & a spin.

When the washer is done, add Fabric Softener in the dispenser and run another 25-30 min wash cycle with NO detergent. So, when the machine fills with water and starts the "wash cycle", it will be a larger amount of water due to Add More Water/Max Fill being selected, AND This will now be your 3rd rinse, but done in during the wash cycle. The machine will drain and give you 2 rinses (the final rinse dispensing Fabric Softener) and then then spin cycle set to your desired speed.

This method gets around the stupid low water level Electrolux uses for rinsing...in my opinion the only negative thing about our washers.

Instead of one 1 hour cycle, you just do 2 shorter cycles :) Detergent and additives in the first cycle, and fabric softener in the 2nd cycle. Of course you can select Fresh Rinse, and you will get even more rinsing!!

This works amazingly well. Proud of myself. LOL ;)

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH