SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_30950485

I tested Electrolux's new front-loading washer and here's what I found

User
7 years ago

It's great. No seriously, it's a wonderful front loader. Specifically, I tested the Electrolux EFLS617SIW. After about 20 loads of laundry, I found the interface good, the additional wash options to be better, and the stain removal the best.

You can check out the in-depth analysis and results here. There's lots of photos too.

The worst thing about it is the long cycle times. The Normal cycle finished in 51 minutes for an 8-pound load. The Heavy Duty cycle required two hours and seventeen minutes for the same. However, the end result was an above average stain removal. Check it out:

This is a before and after of the stain strips we use. Starting from the left: control, sweat, oil, blood, cocoa, and red wine. These are some killer results. It might not look perfect, but consider that a machine dyed the cloth in the stains.

After spending a week with the 617, I came to the conclusion that this washer is a real crowd pleaser. The Nest-inspired dial and the powerful cycles mean that this washer has something for everyone. And with an MSRP of $1,099, it won't break the bank, nor is it the entry-level model that a lot of people go for these days.

So do you guys think of Electrolux's new washer?

Comments (36)