SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
weedyacres

Aack! I think we need to buy this house!

weedyacres
8 years ago

Geez, we've finally managed to downsize our real estate portfolio from 4 houses and a lot to one primary residence (over the past 5 years), we're building an addition onto our current place, to make it good for us for the long haul. And then this house comes on the market.

I'll post some photos and then tell you the price.

So this house has all original trim, only a few rooms of which have been painted. Hardwood floors everywhere, all brick exterior. Basement, small garage. I'd gut the kitchen, probably turn one of the 4 upstairs bedrooms into a master bath. There's a property condition report that says roof is good, water off but lines pressure tested ok, electrical off but generator tested ok.

It's a HUD foreclosure, asking $25K, and owner occupants get first crack. So we'd need to move in and live there at least a year. It's a bigger house (1700 sf), but on a busier street: a secondary artery in a small town of 15000. It could likely sell for $100K cleaned up. And unless the basement's a hot mess, I can't see it costing more than $25K to get it there.

I haven't been inside yet, these are photos from a video tour. And perhaps the basement's a hot mess. But I'm sure feeling the tug of "buy me....fix me...." Am I crazy?

Comments (21)