SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eldemila

Need Ideas for two bathrooms in house we're buying - PICTURES

eldemila
14 years ago

We have a contract on this house, should all go well with the inspections and it appraise, we'll be closing Oct. 28th.

The entire house needs updating, nothing has been done since it was built in 1985. It has 2 1/2 baths. The half bath is the least of my problems, that's easy enough to update. It's the other two...

The 2nd bathroom, it's ridiculously LONG! It's 15'5" in length. It's chopped up. The people took out the tub and put an ugly shower stall in there (wish they had taken out the tub in the master instead)

When you walk in, everything is on the right side of the bathroom. Though you can't really see it, there's the vanity, then through the next door frame, the toilet is right next to that cubby in the second pic, and the shower stall is on the other side of the cubby. The vanity measures 4'9". The only thing I like in there is the window and the cubby area. Any suggestions on how to make this better? And yes, the carpet and vinyl are coming up, as is the rest of the flooring in the house - smokers live there!

{{gwi:1484439}}

{{gwi:1484441}}

The second issue is the lovely PURPLE master bathroom. There, they left the tub which I hate. I really would like to put in a stall but everyone says you should have a tub?

I hate the door - any suggestions on what could be done with that? The toilet is at the other end of the tub. Not sure what to do with this bathroom. I don't know the dimensions of that b/r but can tell you the vanity and crappy mirror are 5ft wide. Any suggestions?

{{gwi:1484443}}

{{gwi:1484445}}

{{gwi:1484447}}

{{gwi:1484449}}

Also, when you get a new vanity, who cuts out the area where the register goes?? I've never had a house with floor/baseboard registers - mine have always been in the ceiling. They definitely are uglier and harder to deal with than ceiling vents!

Thanks for any and all suggestions - they're all appreciated!

Comments (6)