SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
satine_gw

What does business casual mean to you??

satine_gw
8 years ago

I have received an invitation to a cocktail/dinner party being held for an incoming president of a university which I support by contributing yearly to a scholarship which honors my deceased brother. My brother taught at the university and most of my family (sister, brother, husband, sister in law, nieces) did their undergraduate degrees there. I, on the other hand never attended. The event is being held close to where I now live which is (I think) one of the reasons I was invited. The invitation suggested business casual dress and when I retired about 4 years ago business casual at the company I worked for was really casual such as pants and collared shirt for men and pants and nice top for women although many wore jeans.

The event is being held at a private home but it is a true mansion with a long history and I just am not sure what would be appropriate to wear. I am a bit out of my comfort zone here because I have not been to an event like this since my husband died 14 years ago. I want to go partly out of curiosity about the house and I am sure there will be people from my hometown there. Sorry this is so long- - I am just having mixed feelings about going. TIA

Comments (15)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH