SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ditnc

Does this mean what I think it means? (pics)

ditnc
14 years ago

I have a German Queen which is dying. I picked one blushed tomato today and am hoping the other two greenies make it to blush stage before the plant totally goes down. I trimmed most of the bad leaves off it, so it's almost naked except for the few remaining yellowed leaves. The stems are fine. One of the fruits has some little spots on it. But I couldn't diagnose it from the resources here, maybe it's just unhappy or rootbound or something I can't figure out.

Anyway, when I picked my one blushed GQ, it looks like this on the bottom. The scar does not bother me, but does the hole mean that there's a worm inside? I realize I'll find out when I cut it open, but the top side is still quite green, so it's not quite time yet.

My Cherokee Purple, which is right next to the GQ, has the same issue, but not quite as severe (it has more leaves left), and also has a few fruit of which I hope to get at least one ripened.

So, I'll stop rambling.

Do I have a worm in my GQ, and any idea what the disease is with these plants? Thanks.

GQ Scar and Hole

GQ Foliage

GQ Baby fruit with spots?

Cherokee Purple leaf

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!