SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beesneeds

tofu jerky

beesneeds
8 years ago

Anyone eat this? Or make it?

I'm forever wandering around with a goodly protein hit snack while I'm at work. I am always on the move. So I do meat snacks, nuts, and recently have fallen in love again with crispy crunchy bean snacks. I also eat hard boiled eggs and cheeses in my rotation of snacky goodness. I like to mix up my protein snack sources and keep it interesting to my taste buds and my body. But now the store by me had tofu on serious sale, so I'm making tofu jerky.

I'm lucky in that I have a cool tofu press that I was given and so can press the stuff in an hour or two, then marinate it in an hour or two or overnight before baking and/or throwing into the dehydrator.

Right now I have marinating a Ponzu and garlic hoisen batch, and splitting a brick of tofu between a teriyaki and sesame and a mixed spicy hot asian. All of it is going on the dehydrator tomorrow.

So what other flavors can I give to tofu? I already give my beans a lot of stuff- veggie, ranch, mexican, cajun, asian, lemon pepper...

I have a brick in the freezer to experiment with, because from what I have read around freezing and thawing before pressing and marinating gives a way different texture to the jerky. And I still have one more brick in the fridge to do up into jerky. My local store has the sale going on till Friday, so I can pick up a few more bricks to try out too.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm