SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
larsi_gw

Electrolux 70 Series Washer replaced today with a 60 Series!

larsi_gw
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

My 2013 Electrolux 70 Series Wave Touch washer was replaced with a 2015 60 Series iQ washer this morning. I was having continued suspension issues, grinding noises and a horrible "pneumatic drill" sound when the first rinse cycle began. The Wave Touch was still working and performing brilliantly in terms of washing and spinning...but the sounds and noises were unacceptable & growing worse! We are expecting my family from Germany in less than 2 weeks, and I could not take a chance of not having a washer with a household of people. On a side note....they are bringing (as usual) a suitcase full of German laundry goodies...Persil, Ariel, Dash, Aldi, Vernor, Lenor :) So excited, ha ha!!

The exterior dimensions for the 70 and 60 Series are the same. The interior is almost identical, and impossible to tell a difference with the naked eye....70 Series is 4.4 cu. ft. and the 60 Series is 4.3 cu. ft. Max spin speed on the 70 Series is 1400rpm and the 60 Series is 1300rpm (I have honestly not noticed a difference in wetness, even with thick towels between 1400 and 1300rpm)!

70 Series calls extra water level "Add More Water", 60 Series calls it "Max Fill".

Fresh Rinse is still Fresh Rinse.....BUT, I have sat now and watched my new 60 Series for 3!!! complete loads (I know...cray cray, LOL). Adding the Fresh Rinse options gives THREE full rinses, with decent water usage....honestly it looks like more water used than the 70 Series, and by the 2nd and 3rd rinses....clear and clean water!!

Adding steam, specialty cycles, shrink guard, interior drum light on & off, prewash, delay start, quick wash, etc, etc...almost exactly the same between 60 and 70 Series, even the specialty cycles offered are virtually the same! To be totally honest, having the options available with hard touch buttons is very easy & practical, and the digital screen on this 60 Series is brighter and very clear. I shockingly like it better than the 70 Series!! I am keeping my 70 Series dryer, as the 60 Series dryer does not have Perfect tumble (reverse tumble)....which is crucial for preventing sheets and blankets from tangling and balling up; and I love my 70 Series electric dryer!!

I was going to replace my 70 Series washer with another 70 Series, but there are NONE available in the USA until mid or even late July! I called every authorized Electrolux retailer and even called Electrolux North America....NONE available. Backordered! Finding a 60 Series was not easy either, let me tell you, but according to Electrolux....I located the very last one in California! Woo-hoo! Persistence and tenacity occasionally pays off!

My new 60 Series iQ washer in Island White is sitting next to my 70 Series Wave Touch dryer in Island White, and they match very well, and look so similar, no one noticed they were slightly different models when I was showing them off to a few friends today. The 60 Series washer, at least the one I got today, is very QUIET, efficient, thrifty but not ridiculous with water levels, rinses better than my 70 Series and so far.....LOVE it.

Thought some of you might enjoy or care about this ;)

-Lars

Comments (31)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!