SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa2431

New Forest Pansy Redbud tree with trunk wounds - need advice

LunaArt
8 years ago

We just had a landscaping company come in and plant several trees and bushes. One of the trees we had planted was a new Forest Pansy Redbud in our front yard. It was planted two days ago. We have noticed that the tree has one wound on it about mid way up the trunk that is about 2 inches long. It also appears to have a split type wound on the lowest branch that is also 2 inches long, but it is a much narrower wound. I have attached several photos of both wounds below along with a photo of the entire tree. The trunk wound is a little obscured by the support stick, but I tried to get the best pictures I could.

We are total newbies when it comes to trees and these are our first trees we have ever planted. How concerned should we be about these wounds? Are they likely to cause problems as the tree ages? The tree is nice looking otherwise, so we didn't know if we should complain to the landscaper or not. We didn't know if this was a common thing and a replacement tree may have similar issues, etc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (8)