SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pitcom

Problems with new Bluestar 36" Precious Metals

pitcom
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Greetings,

So we went ahead and ordered a precious metals 36" propane model in February. It finally just came in and was delivered last friday. As soon as we started the oven, we could see that the french doors did not seal properly. Condensation started building up heavily on our cabinets. You could even see steam coming out from all sides of the french doors, The problem became even worse when the convection fan was turned on. Needless to say we did not use the oven and called the company we purchased it from. The told us they had to call a bluestar repair company and schedule a service call.

So the tech came today, and I turned on the oven to show them the steam. After 10 minutes of running, the front glass door exploded. The entire kitchen smelled horrible and filled the house with smoke. Bluestar is telling the service tech that the condensation is because of the propane. The sides of the french doors and the apron are so hot, they were over 400 degrees. The faces of my cabinets were 180 degrees. Has anyone had any issues like this? The service tech who came had no knowledge of this unit, and quite frankly was obviously a person who is just a parts changer.

Another issue i noticed is that the burners stay on the high setting until you turn the knob completely to "low". At that point you can adjust the flame level but only by keeping the knob within a 1/2" inch rotation. Is this how bluestar ovens typically are? I am use to traditional ovens where the flame reacts immediately to you turning the knob.

Thanks for any help.

Comments (20)