SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vicente07

I REALLY NEE DHELP. THE LOSS OF MY DOG IS KILLING ME

vicente07
9 years ago

Hello,

My name is Vicente Sánchez and I am here again because my beautiful little dog died last January 9 and I have been feeling terrible. I would appreciate it if you read my old post so that you can get an idea of my situation.

I have had many ups and downs. In the first days, the depression was terrible. I felt lost and I wanted to die. I couldn't see a way out of this situation. Then, things improved a little bit, but unfortunately, I have started to feel bad again since Sunday before the last, when I was desperate, disconsolate and lost. I considered killing myself because sometimes I can't find a reason for me to be here in this world without my dog.

Now I am missing Guyton a lot again and their loss became bigger again too. I am lost and sad again.
I have ups and dows. Right now, I am feeling very very bad. I just read a poem dedicated to dogs and made me feel extremely sad and lost. My dog meant so much for me that sometimes it is extremely hard for me to see light in my life and a better future. The pain and guilt can be unbearable. I have been remembering the accident where my dog died lately and I feel very bad. I just can’t believe I dared to take the three dogs for a walk. I think I should not have done this. I go over the situation and I feel my beautiful Guyton would still be with me if I had been more careful. It was just that I really didn’t see this coming. The day seemed to be so fun for the dogs and I was happy. My dog was my responsibility and I can’t believe he is gone.
I see the places in my house that he liked the most and I get anxiety, panic and sadness attacks. I am in my car and feel terrible because he is not by my side stretching his head out the window with his sweet smile. He was so happy, so pretty. He deserved to live many more years.
Now I am in dilemma because The Golden Retriever I have had in adoption since last June could get a home soon and this will mean I will no longer see him as often as I usually do. He is a kind of connection I still have with Guyton because the three of us walked together for months 3 times a week minimum before the terrible accident took place. Afyter my dog died, I continued visiting him at the pet care and I still walk him three times a week. He has become a good friend of mine and he seems to love me or at leat like me a lot. The fact of thinking about letting him go makes me feel I am going to alone now and this era will get to an end. I have great memories of him and my dog walking with me. At the same time, I feel extremely bad for having been kind of picky with people that tried to adopt himlast year because this ended up in my dog’s death. I am confused and I don’t know what to do. Many people tell me This Golden Retriever, El Güero, is a dog for me and that things happen for a reason and he was waiting for me to be his owner. On the other hand, I still feel bad about my Guyton’s death and having another dog in my house could make me feel like I am betraying my dog. When Guytin died I said to myself Guyton was going to be the only dog in my life. He was always going to be my dog. The dog that changed my life and taught me great things. My family and I weren’t dog people. Guyton came to my house after my brother’s ex girlfriend asked him to take care of him during spring break vacation and he stayed with us. She didn’t treat him very well and even lent him to medicine students to practice surgery with him.
Guyton was unique and his story makes this bond stronger and the whole grieving process harder. He also helped to cope with my parents’ divore and he was the one that followed me everywhere in the house. I went to the bathroom and I usually heard his little steps approaching to the bathroom in order to wait for me lying down outside. We watched tv together and when I went to another room he stood up and went with me. Remembering these things kills me. It is very painful.
The family that is interested in adopting El Güero seems to be a good and caring family that could give him the home he deserves, but so many things have happened that have pevented him from being adopted that makes me feel there is a reason behind this that involves me. I don’t know what to do. I was not a believer of these types of things, but my dog’s death has made me see these beliefs. I have even been thinkingh about hiring a Psychic to communicate with him because I am desperate.

I would really appreciate to know your opinion and thank you very much in advance for your help.

Comments (38)