SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
childers0915

Choosing the right off white for trim and cabinets??

childers0915
9 years ago

This is my first time posting- I love the site! My husband and I bought our home November of 2014. Starting in January, we have been working on a remodel of the living area of the house: LR, DR, and Kitchen. We have pulled out and replaced an awful fireplace, removed wallpaper, etc.

We are now to the kitchen phase. We ordered our doors and cabinet faces from rawdoors (great quality) and we are building the boxes. I want to do an off white/cream for the cabinet color. The kitchen is slightly small, but it opens to the dining room and the living room/foyer. We have chosen Softer Tan by Sherwin Williams as our wall color. Now, I am trying to pick the right trim and cabinet color that will look best with Softer Tan. It seems like most people use Dover White. I am leaning toward this color for my trim, however, I want the cabinets to have a slight warm/creamy color and I am worried the Dover White is too white for them. I have also read a lot of things about SW- Creamy and SW- Antique White. I do not have to match the cabinets to the trim (will this look ok with everything being open?) Is there a big difference between Creamy and Dover White? Would Antique White on my cabinets look ok with Dover for the trim? Is there other colors I should be considering? I really want to get this right....my fear is picking a color and it looking dingy/dirty. Thank you for any help!!

Here is a picture of the kitchen currently, with the old cabinets that will be replaced. No painting has been done yet.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!