SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kbb100

Struggling over sofa selection for small space for months

kbb100
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

I need help furnishing the seating area next to my kitchen. What you see in the diagram is the entire back of the house (1000 sq ft per floor).

I have been shopping for sofas and sectionals for months and my kids are at their wits end and just want a place to lie down and watch tv. I want a place to host book club (i.e. seat as many as possible). I am trying to balance comfort with looks, since everyone sees this part of the house.

The square block next to the back wall sofa is a column (structural). There is a more formal living room through the door way on the right side of the layout. (This room is also unfurnished and would not seat many, but could be a cozy fireplace room/study.)

I thought I had finally made some progress today with two Rowe sofas:

http://www.rowefurniture.com/product/K620.html?start=4

But after putting them into my layout, I'm concerned about the asymmetry of one of the sofas with the window, and the asymmetry of the other sofa with the left hand wall.

A sectional might resolve the symmetry issue, but I have been unable to find a slender-ish sectional with visible legs (i.e. airy for the small space) in the right size. The second diagram is the Rowe Townsend sectional. I can't fit two long side sofas, and I don't love the look of the L for this small space.

A similar style section that is a bit smaller (123 x 123) would be good, but I haven't found one with simple lines and fairly narrow seating.

Two Rowe Townsend sofas (83 x 37")

Rowe sectional, (126 x 98")

If anyone would like to weigh in, I would love some advice :).

Many thanks

Comments (55)