SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angela_smith7792

Struggling! furniture placement, leather sofa, corner fireplace

Angela Smith
6 years ago

We just moved into a new construction house and I am struggling with the furniture placement and layout for the

living room/great room. Here are a few photos showing the space. I am pretty committed to the brown leather couch. I know it is big, bulky, and oversized, but it is new within the last year, comfortable, and we spent a lot of money on it (we bought it right before we knew we were moving). The brown leather chair can go bye-bye and I am thinking putting a loveseat in that space. The TV is a necessity and will be sitting on a much longer/larger white, media console. Once the Christmas tree comes down, I would like to add to patterned accent chairs. Here are my questions/struggles:

1. Should I put a loveseat where the brown leather chair is? Or perhaps more accent chairs?

2. If I get to accent chairs to go in front of the window, can I still get a patterned accent rug?

3. How in the world do I mix the leather couch, fabric non-pattern loveseat, two patterned accent chairs, and an accent rug??

I appreciate any and all advice, as well as pictures and link

Comments (26)