SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amberkpick

Living Room Help (leather couches)

Amber
9 years ago

I had a big long post typed up.. Ugh.

We are about to break ground on our house and I'm starting to shop for décor. I'm particularly having problems with the living room because we have a leather couch and love seat (that we will be keeping) that aren't really my style. Replacing it isn't an option as it was a compromise and practically brand new. I like a mix of styles, but really lean toward traditional/Southern plantation/French/Creole.. Feminine, airy, textures.. My husband likes sleek, simple, colorless. Basically, he wants an entirely builder-grade house with absolutely no character. Vent over. So far he has been really good about giving in on things that matter to me and he doesn't care about. Inset cabinets, marble instead of laminate, wood floors instead of laminate, hardie plank instead of vinyl, marble-look tile in bathroom as opposed to travertine-look. He's given in on virtually everything. SO that's why I'm decorating around them. My thoughts are to position the love seat (it has a middle divider for drinks, etc.) facing the TV (mounted above fireplace - another non-negotiable) then have the couch with the back to our kitchen area and maybe either two nice, feminine upholstered chairs or a love seat opposite the couch. I would put plenty of pillows on the couches and a textured throw.. Would this look okay?? I'll add pics in comments of floorplan and couches, etc.

Comments (6)