SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fourhappy

Help me finish designing bathroom

fourhappy
9 years ago

Need a little help and to ask if you think I'm heading in a good direction with what I'm choosing so far!
OK - we are redoing our master bathroom - when you walk in there will be a 6 foot double vanity to the left and the toilet next to that. on the right side of the room will be the shower (frameless glass door) and then the tub.

For the vanity we chose a walnut vanity in a shaker style. I'm including a picture just to give the look of it, this is not the vanity. I will have two undermount white sinks and the top will be carrara marble. I chose walnut b/c I love the natural look of it with the swirls and grains you can see and I think it will add a little warmth to the room.
On the other side as I mentioned I will have a glass enclosed shower and a tub - the shower will have glass on all sides and I was thinking of doing tile similar to the picture below (if you can see it) - it is subway tile on the bottom with the same tiles in a herringbone design on top divided by some pencil trim and a hexagon tile for the floor of the shower...
The tub will be an undermount white tub and I plan to have a carrara marble top on it. I plan to have my contractor build a surround similar to the one in the next picture (white wood, simple design).
I hope that gives a clear enough picture of the choices I've come up with so far...
here are my list of questions and what I could use help with....

Vanity - I need to figure out lighting and mirrors...given the choices what would you do - one large mirror or two mirrors above each sink? I have to figure out lighting ASAP so it would depend on the mirrors I go with if I decide to do sconces or lighting above mirror?

Floor - I was thinking of doing larger tiles of dark gray very similar to the floor that you can see in the picture of the tub. do you think that would go or should I maybe continue the hexagon tile on the whole floor instead of just the shower floor?

Comments (13)