SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
runrun2

New- Really need help..

runrun2
9 years ago

Hi I am new here but hoping as people in the same situation you may be able to offer some advice.

I am divorced with two boys aged 11 and 8. I have a partner and we've been together 2 yrs and it was a VERY gradual integration and he didn't see the boys for most of the first year plus I knew him 2 years before that. He is 34 and I'm 39 but I am his first relationship and he doesn't have children or any experience. So understandably it was different for him coming into an established family. We had some teething problems but he did so well and when he chose to be was amazing with the boys. He is a very selfish person and has a very short fuse so that has been a problem but generally fine. He would stay at mine 5 days a week and was about to move in. Suddenly about 2 mths ago hes started to have less tolerance, judging my parenting, critising me and my boys, my eldest in particular. My 11yr has been affected by me and his Dad splitting up and found it very hard to accept a new person but has done well. He also is harder work than my 8yr old as he's hitting puberty and has very low self esteem and can be challenging. He fidgets all the time, gets angry and is demandung but I am having this investigated as could be adhd or similar. Anyway things wirh partner have become awful, he says if my eldest wasn't around he'd be happier, he says spending time with me and the boys in the eve is dead time and has been very critical. But most of the things he critises are just because they re children, not because they are awful. But being childless he is judgmental and has the attitude "if they were mine they wouldnt do that!". We have now stripped it back to 2 yrs ago when he only comes round when the boys aren't here which is not a long term solution. I am very hurt and now very protective about the three of us. Last weekend I asked him are we what you want and he said "I don't know". Would welcome some advice whether you think I should get out of this, whether it will get better, whether I need a man with his own children or paternal bone in his body! I was very much in love with him but feel quite differently at the moment as all he wants to do is act like he's 18 which is basically what he's been doing for 34 yrs. Thanks, sorry its long.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery