SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19697693

The Skin I'm In at age 60

User
9 years ago

Today I said to DH, "I know what I want for my 60th birthday in May. I'd like some kind of procedure or treatments to improve the look of my skin." His immediate response--"Why wait?" To which I replied, "Does it look that bad?"

I think it doesn't, but I also think I deserve nicer skin for this chapter of my life. I had oily skin and breakouts as a teenager/young adult and have a few problems now. I'm not sure if it's a dermatolgist I need or a salon or at-home care, or all of the above. And I am definitely not up on any new procedures and would like to hear what you think is worthwhile. I've heard of peels and microabrasion. Do I have to get that invasive? My skin is sensitive.

First, brown spots. I know to wear sunscreen but I don't. I avoid being out of the sun and have always worn it when swimming. How can I repair the damage done? I promise to wear sunscreen.

Second, broken capillaries. I have a few noticeable ones on my nose and chin and smaller ones on my cheeks. Curse of my heritage.

To a minor extent, small clogged pores on my cheeks that sometimes cause pimples. I'd just like smoother skin. I know several of the regulars here got Clarisonic for Christmas but I haven't seen any follow-ups.

Things I'm not concerned with--wrinkles and sagginess. I'm not looking to fight gravity. I'm proud of my age and my general appearance and am not a fussy person.

Comments (24)