SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elizanne15

Need help with farmhouse plan

elizanne15
9 years ago

Hey guys,

I am one of those who has stalked the pages for ideas for quite a while now, but just signed up today.

We will be building a home within the next 8 months to a year, and I am desperately needing help finding a plan! I love the white farmhouse look, with modern touches. I've attached a photo of the house that is my inspiration for the exterior, but I've yet to find a floor plan I like. We'd really prefer to add our own touches to a stock plan, rather than have the added expense of an architect.

My requirements are these:

1. Main floor master with stairs nearby, as we have small children.

2. We are in rual TN. There is an overload of country, cape cod style homes. We really don't want to go this route.

3. I would LIKE the opportunity to have the kitchen along an exterior wall. We will be building in the middle of 200+ acres, so rather than top cabinets I can't reach, I want windows. With this said, we will need a decent size pantry.

4. We really do need to keep this under 2500 sq ft to allow some of the upgrages we'd like. Closer to 2200 or 2300 would be best.

5. Attached garage, or garage easily added.

Here is a plan I think we may be able to make look like my inspiration photo. What do you guys think? Any ideas or suggestions? They will be greatly appreciated.

http://www.dreamhomesource.com/house-plans/dhs/styles/colonial-house-plans/dhsw67716.html

Here is a link that might be useful: House Plan

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths