SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
johnw1_gw

HELP Please Confused Kitchen Exhaust - Smelly

johnW1
9 years ago

I have tried looking for this and could not find this type of setup. I went to an EXACT model and saw this ventilation setup. Over the range is vented outside, and I am assuming it is going thru the wall between studs up the ceiling between joist to exterior. (2 stories)

My house does not have this. And the oven recirculating the air. I have notices the following:
I did see an exterior vent cap, and it is in the same place as the home mentioned above.
The problem is cabinet back veneer is covering the wall, before I pull that cabinet I wanted to get an opinion here as to the setup in the photo. The reason I am sure I have the duct in place is because the vent cap outside is present on mine, and they are exact model.

I am thinking of the following: remove the Microwave, cut top of the cabinet to align it to the vent on microwave, switch the fan position to kick air out. ALSO, I think I need to cut the back of the cabinet which I am thinking of going into the wall, NOT SURE.

Now I am lost, do you think when I pull the oven out and the pull the cabinet, I will see the vent in place between the studs or do you think I have to cut the drywall?

What type of Duct is used which looks like a box, how should I install it.

PLEASE HELP, I am tired of smell in the house.

Comments (4)