SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fustian

Please help me with pull choices! New and very confused :(

fustian
15 years ago

We have just begun our kitchen reno, and I have started looking at pull choices. We have ordered natural maple cabinets with shaker style doors (locally made). Almost all of our lower cabinets are drawers.

I was looking at doing a combination of cap pulls and suitcase pulls (if I'm getting the termination correct here) with caps on the drawers and suitcase on the cabinets.

There are two combinations I'm thinking of at the moment. Restoration Hardware Gilmore and Aubrey pulls (which seem to be quite popular here at the moment!), and the Schaub Traditional line equivalents: 741 and 732.

I don't live near a RH store, so I haven't been able to see these in person. The Schaub ones I like because they feel substantial, and are comfortable to pull (deep enough). However, they are pricier than the RH ones.

Does anybody have any experience with comparing pulls from these two companies. Are the RH pulls as deep as the Schaub ones? Is there something about Schaub that justifies the rather exorbitant price?

Are there other styles that I should consider (i.e. are these just wrong choices for the rest of my kitchen?)

Also, I was thinking of using 4" pulls as I find them more comfortable than the 3" pulls. Is this the usual size people use, or will it just look wrong?

I was considering using either a satin nickel finish or the ORB. Which do you think would look better with the natural maple cabinets?

If it makes any difference, the countertops will be stainless steel with butcherblock on the island and white marble in the baking area. The sink is a 36" Shaw's in white porcelain. I wanted to have a more traditional feel in my kitchen as the house was built in the 1860s. However, my faucet and potfiller selections are more contemporary (kohler torq / blanco cantata) and the appliances are also SS. I was thinking of doing plain white subway tile as my backsplash.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm not good with design type things, and I'm afraid it's all going to look wrong when I put things together. My husband is the cook, and he rules the practical selections (countertops, appliances), but I'm hoping to somehow pull everything together so it doesn't look awful :(

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Schaub pulls

Comments (11)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES