SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
captgene1

Please help me decide in SW florida So confused

Captgene1
11 years ago

Update

I am replacing a 10 yr old Rheem 3.5 ton unit now and very high electric bills ....currently running very high amp ,yes coil is clean LOL

I received a quote this evening from another large local company. The salesman was the owner. I always like when owner is involved.

Quoted

18 SEER Trane XL20i 4TTZ0048A100A ,TAM8AOL8V41CA Hyperion air handler with media cabinet ,10kw heat , TCON 900 AC 43UA stat 12 yr parts ... Labor install permits ,

$6837.00

$1000.00 Trane Rebate

Total $5837.00 with one yr service and 2 yrs labor

$676.00 for additional 8 yr labor

Total with 10 yr labor warranty $6513.00

This gentleman mentioned new building code included

Float Switch safety control

secondary drain pan

Blower door Duct leakage test

load calculation

Plenum modification sealer with mastic ???? He mention they have to pressure test all vent /returns for leaks and any found leaking would cost $50.00 to seal. Is this a scam or normal charge ? I dont like this unknown cost ????

I have 22 vents and don't want to get told I need to seal all of them at additional $50.00 each

Please advise

Thanks

Update 2

I received another quote for the same system above but with no additional charge of $50 to seal any leaking vents , they included a trane xl 950 Stat ,media cabinet ,surge protection , for $7950.00 ...or $7500.00 cash

This company also quoted me

Trane 16 seer xb14 (4TTBB) with a GAM5 with UV light and media cabinet ,10 yr parts ,10 yrs labor for $5500.00 cash deal. . My current ac company quoted me $6200.00 with no media cabinet for this same unit.

I am so confused they all make good points ...I dont know who to believe I have been scammed before when building my pool ,house etc..... HELP

PLEASE PLEASE help me decide .Do I go with $5500 ,$7950.00 or $6500.00 contractor

Is installing the xl20i with xl950 overkill is it really worth spending the extra funds

Do I go with cheapest company and hope they install it right....(company $7950 above total me good luck with them,"we have had to reinstall some of there unit " )

I found 50 positive reviews on the cheapest company on service magic.com

Thanks in advance ....All suggestions /comments welcome

PS I am located in Cape Coral Fla

CaptGene

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida