SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
itltrot_gw

Shower tile layout

itltrot
9 years ago

I need help with our master shower tile layout. I've been dreaming of a white shower with beautiful glass accents. Nothing crazy bold. Clean and classic with a touch of color.

I have 4x12 white tile and 1x4 (12x12) sheet multi glass tiles. I have a 3 x 5.5 shower. One 3' wall has the shower head, controls and wand. The other 3' wall has 2 niches. The long wall is blank.

When you walk in you see the control wall first. I know I want the niches with the glass accent.

DH is a custom painter and loves bold crazy different. He is afraid it the white shower with a few accents is going to be bland and hospital sterile. We need to find a compromise.

DH is thinking of using accent in niches and a panel around controls. I'm okay with that. Then he's wanting to use accents from ceiling to floor in the corners on the back wall. The short walls a subway pattern with the white tiles and then a herringbone pattern on the long wall.

I feel like its super busy and pattern overload. Subway and herringbone with field tiles, vertical and horizontal with accents.

We have plenty of field tiles and 20 sq ft of accent tile. I want to add a small row of accents in the backslash so that really makes about 18 st ft for shower.

Any suggestions or comments would be great. I'll try to post some similar pics we've found.

Comments (9)