SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_27330420

Your opinion of this shower tile lay-out

User
5 years ago

We're interested in a 17x26" tile for our 34x60" alcove shower. I've never tiled and am looking for your expertise. We won't be seeing our tile setter for a few more weeks. In the meantime, we are selecting tiles to discuss with him. Before I fall further in love with this tile, I want to see if the lay-out math works.

One way it may work is with a vertical stack. I'd start on the 34" wall with a half tile, 8.5", center a full 17" tile, and end with another half tile. By starting with a half tile, a full tile could be centered on the side walls, which is where the shower head is.

Where it wraps around to the 60" wall, I'd use another half tile and one full tile. I'd do the same on the other end of the wall. That would give me 8.5, 17, 9, 17, 8.5. I'd have to fill in the 9" center vertical row with an accent tile. I know you should avoid small cuts, but are they an issue if they are confined to the corner?

We are using the Kohler shower bar along the 60" wall and the accent tile would run right through the center.

Kohler Choreograph 36" Shower Barre, Bright Polished Silver · More Info

Comments (27)