SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msdorkgirl

Am I the only one who is interested in how leaves...

msdorkgirl
9 years ago

I would like a catalog of how the leaves look when they're young and when they mature by the type of rose.

So growing roses has become my latest obsession (lasting longer than my chinese painting project, embroidery project, Dremel project, etc) ... and being engrossed in all things roses, I want as much information on the plants as possible.

I was wondering, is there a database of how rose plants look overall and more specifically growth habit/leaf habit? Help Me Find is a great way to find pics of the blooms, but most people take pics of just the bloom.

I want to see if the leaves are supposed to be dull or three inches, or dark green. And how thick the canes/stems should be. And whether the bloom stems come out of a cane almost straight at you (like my Summer Love) or curving up to give you a natural bouquet look. And whether the thorns are evil or manageable. And what a healthy Scentimental looks like versus an unhealthy one (mine's is growing like it's spreading, is that normal?)

Anyone know of any resource for this? Or want to help establish Help Me Find with pics of the leaves? I think I might be crazy.

:)

Comments (34)