SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ailene54

Am I the only one who can't sleep? Hope you don't mind me Venting

Ilene Perl
12 years ago

Hi everyone, I'm wondering if I'm the only one literally losing sleep over their kitchen? My granite is being installed today, but for sure can't blame it on that, since this is a nightly occurrence. Tonight was my seam. I listened to GW and didn't do it at the sink and cook top, seam is along counter, which is what he wanted and you suggested as best. I woke up wishing I had put it near sink and cook top, so it was smaller, but I have a pull out in front of sink and well, you see what I mean, and this is how I am with everything. Am I alone or are there other's that second guess themselves with every decision they make ?

After what seems like a long wait for granite I told fabricator/GC that it couldn't happen till either after 3:00pm today even if fabricator can't do it till Wednesday of next week. Today is my Dad's 90th birthday!!!! Tomorrow is his party, but today is pizza and cake for us! Two days ago we were at the ER, when he got light headed and couldn't stand up, I wonder why I'm anxious over kitchen when I attempt to put life in prospective, but think kitchen is my distraction.

We bought our appliances in August, and attempted many times to start the kitchen, but DH has had 3 hospitalizations, Mom in law is in rehab now (was in hospital for 12 days), and my Mom had two surgeries in Nov. and rehab that followed, and then there is Dad, who is the skickest, and most fragile of all. Our appliances were delivered in August they have 6 months left of manufacturers warrantee, and have never been used, (refrig has been used), As I lay here wishing I gut the kitchen instead of putting new doors of cabinets and painting boxes, but then again, if I did gut the kitchen, I wonder if I would started when I did. Here's hoping my kitchen comes out looking like I wish it did in my dreams!

Thanks so much for letting me vent,I really needed this!

Just realized why GC must have said 2 x the other day how horible my installation is in the kitchen...I'm so tiered I am not thinking and reacting...just realizing I didn't save much money by using old cabinets... really hope it comes out looking like I want!!!

Comments (16)