SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosefolly_gw

Looking for holiday reading suggestions

rosefolly
17 years ago

We put up the tree last night. My 20-something daughter is spending what is probably her final year at home. She told me that she wanted a live tree with blue and white decorations this year. I started to dismiss the idea as being too frivolous with the expense of all new decorations. Then I remembered wanting a blue tree myself when I was her age and never doing it. So after we took the tree home and put it in a bucket of water, we headed for Target. There we bought blue and white lights and some boxes of blue ornaments. We went home and put it up, culling all the blue, silver, white, or gold ornaments from our established ornament collection. I must say, it is an amazingly pretty tree, and I'm glad we did it. When we pack the ornaments up after Christmas, I'll pack hers separately and she can take them with her when she moves out, a bit of our home in her new home.

So now I think I am ready for some holiday-themed reading. Besides my old favorites, Connie Willis's short story collection Miracles and of course Dickens, does anyone have any suggestions? Ironic is good, wry is good, but I don't want anything that will seriously dampen the good cheer glow.

Rosefolly

Comments (30)