SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grelobe

just an idea

grelobe
13 years ago

Dear reader's paradiser, I'm really off topic, so I will let this thread slip down as soon as I post it in order not to bother too much

I'm a librarything user, and in my wandering around into other libraries I came across this book The Coffee Trader by David Liss.

Immediately this title elicited my interest, because I'm an ex coffee roaster, son of a coffee roaster. Even now that I have not longer

dealt with coffee in any shape or form for ten years, every time I enter a bar I can't help noticing what kind of coffee brand , the kind of espresso machine and coffee grinder they use. It is something that runs in my blood , I guess. I think that the fact that I used to play hide and seek among coffee bags can be another good reason.

So I put it on my Wish list

A few Days ago while talking with my wife of nothing in particular, she asked me what present we gave my mother last Christmas I thought it was a shawl, and went on talking about what we could give her this Christmas, she said, we could give her a book, a book will do I replied , but I wasn't very convinced, my mother is an avid reader but a book seemed to me a little shabby as a Christmas present.

But after a while I thought, why not to buy her The Coffee Trader?

With a dedication inside , something like in dad's memory

Then I had another idea why not have a picture of my father, screen - printed on the cover, with the dedication, and inside a screen - printed picture depicting my mother and father ? here the photos

{{gwi:2117428}}

{{gwi:2117429}}

But it is at this point I need help

I would like to write something, but not the usual and blatant stuff like behind every great man there is always �

But something more like � you always followed dad and �.?????

My father died five years ago aged 72 because of parkinson , so the last years of his life were quite tough, both for my mother and my father.

Or You were two, he used to work to feed us while you were nursing us, but for us you two were always a single body who taught us to enjoy life and behave ... ????

Then I would put a picture of the four of us children, we are two boys and two girls, when we were kids , and our signatures

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance and anyway

grelobe

A little story about coffee bags

We used to live close to my father's warehouse, as a matter of fact the two buildings were as a whole.

Once when I was six or seven, I did a quite amusing thing. Usually coffee stocks my father imported were unloaded in Genoa, but once it happened that a stock, my father was expecting, arrived in Naples. Now I have to add that my father feared illness a lot, especially the infective ones. In those days , papers and TV reported that a few cases of cholera were discovered in Naples, so my father gave strict order not to let the kids go inside the warehouse for any reason, and of course told my mother to keep...

Comments (15)