SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sinista_gw

Harry Potter's fate in 7th book

Sinista
18 years ago

I've enjoyed the intelligent comments regarding my favorite book(s). I'm glad to see that the majority report appears to be in sync with my views on Snape---i.e., he is in consort with DD. Re: DD, my feelings are mixed. There were plenty of "openings" as it were, for his return in the final installment, but I think if his return is corporeal,that may seem kind of trite. However, I do believe his hand will be active in some way, (not the withered one either)! He'll either be an active consultant 2-dimensionally (via the portait), or Fawkes will make a dramatic entrance. As to Harry, I don't think he is a horcrux (supreme act of stupidity on V's part). DD even tells Harry at one point that to make a horcrux of a sentient, mobile being would impede the horcrux maker's degree of control of the horcrux. To kill off Harry would actually kill the future enjoyment of,(and sales) to future generations of HP readers. I know I wouldn't be able to comfortably recommend this series to a new, young reader, knowing what lies in store at the end.

I don't think Harry will come out unscathed however. I keep having this feeling that Ron will meet his demise. How's this for torture? V somehow possesses Ron, much the way he did Quirrel. In order for Harry to fully defeat V, he has to kill Ron! Creeps me out to think about it. Ron is so gullible, i.e., he takes everything at face value. It's Hermione who always questions and probes. Just some thoughts.

Comments (56)

• lil_Jean
    18 years ago

I donÂt know the prophecy word for word and am at work so I canÂt really look it up at the moment. But didnÂt the second part, which Voldemort had never seen, have something to do with Voldemort making him his equal? And another thing from what I understand is that the prophecy wasnÂt etched in stone? Meaning that the prophecy would only come true due to the actions of the persons involved. But again Voldemort did not see that either. So in other words the only thing Voldemort knew was that himself and Harry (or Neville according to the prophecy technically) could not both live while the other survives. Now here comes my theory putting myself in VoldemortÂs shoes, I know that if I found out that this baby will someday try to kill me and that only one of us will survive, I would make it so that a part of me would survive with the "now baby". Which in this wizarding world is a horcrux.
    And the scar being a horcrux, I donÂt think that is entirely far fetched, but again I think that it is still Harry in essence that is the horcrux. WouldnÂt that be kind gross? Rowlings going in depth about how to get rid of a scar?

Now to explain my theory that Snape did not know what he was "vowing"; Snape was supposed to be closest to Voldemort. Is it agreed that I am not being far fetched when I say that Snape really did not know what "the plan" was at the beginning? Okay so here we have someone who is VoldemortÂs closest/best follower trying to prove himself to other followers that he is not a traitor. What do you honestly think would have happened if he would have said no to the vow? First off we have Snape saying he knows the plan and is agrees with it. So why wouldnÂt he take the vow? (Looking at it from the evil side.) I know that if I was DracoÂs mother and Snape would have told me he wouldnÂt take the vow, the first person IÂd be telling would be Voldemort! You see? Regardless if Snape knew the plan or not; regardless of if Snape is good or bad; regardless of if Snape wanted to follow thru on the vow or not, he had to take the vow. It was a lose/lose situation. He would have been killed by Voldemort had he not taken the vow. With his decision to take the vow, however, gave him some time to get some counsel with the situation. Thoughts please!

In retrospect to Harry, Hermoine, and RonÂs jobs after everything, it is correct to say that Rowling said Harry would not become a teacher. I do not recall ever reading anything about Ron or Hermoine though. I did read that Rowling thought that Ron would have to do something either in the Ministry or Quidditch related. And that Hermoine would make a great teacher and may return to Hogwarts to do so.

And I found the link with a bunch of interviews with Rowlings. Some of them are older but at least you can see a little into her style.

http://www.madamscoop.org/themes/book7.htm

Also, please let me know if I missed anything of importance, cuz there is a lot of information there to...

• PharmStudent
    18 years ago

Guys guys guys you have all missed the biggest point with the Snape character!!!! He was and is on DD's side. Ask yourself if Snape doesnt kill DD what happens to him? He dies because of the unbreakable vow! What good is he dead? NONE!! He chose which is the old tale in heroic stories you sacrifice one life for everyone else's. Snape will assist Harry finding the last frags of Voldemorts soul and will be with him in the end fighting. He never faultered in his loyalty for DD he did what was necessary to keep himself alive and in the dark lords inner circle. With the order in shambles Snape will be the one to provide them with the help they desperately need.

• Related Discussions

What are you reading? (Garden books & others)

Q

Comments (74)
    In case anyone missed the PBS special The Botany of Desire which premiered Wednesday, October 28, 2009, you can still watch the entire program online. It's incredible. Book turned documentary. BOTANY OF DESIRE is a documentary which tells the utterly original story of everyday plants and the way they have domesticated humankind. An interpretation of the relationship between plants and people. This two-hour documentary explores plant evolution and takes viewers from the potato fields of Peru and Idaho, the apple forests of Kazakhstan, and the tulip markets of Amsterdam. View online in it's entirety: here This is another related program by the same presenter on LINK TV (a cable access channel) which is timely: Deep Agriculture Traditional methods of agriculture in most developed nations have long ignored environmental concerns. Factors such as soil erosion, water shortage and the impact of chemicals on bio-systems have been overlooked in favour of massive crop yields and cheaper food. But what impact does this have on our health and our environment? View online in it's entirety: here __________________________ Sit down with a cup of tea or coffee and witness the evolution of an Organic Kitchen Garden.
    ...See More

Twilight books

Q

Comments (15)
    Jessy - I'm no censor either, but I think 16 is a more appropriate age to read 'Memoirs'; in fact if you tell me someone is trying to censor a book it makes me go out and read it. I told my daughter that some of the material is too adult and she could read it when she was 16, but then she saw the movie when she was 15 and I didn't have a reason not to let her read it. She did and loved it. I just finished reading the first four books in the Deltora Quest series and then had to order the next 4 (of course). This one is definitely appropriate for middle school fantasy fans both girls and boys. A magic belt worn by the king/queen which unites the 7 tribes/territories of Deltora and protects them from the Shadowlord. The gemstones representing each territory (diamond, ruby, opal, topaz, lapus lazuli, emerald & amethyst) are scattered to the darkest parts of the land by the Shadowlord and the king and queen are forced to flee with the help of the king's childhood friend (who is now a blacksmith). 16 years later the blacksmith's son Lief begins the quest to retrieve the stones and restore the belt to save the kingdom with the help of a former palace guard and an orphaned 16-year-old girl they meet in the Forest of Silence. Each book is the search for one stone and the group having to defeat the "great evil" that guards it. Jen
    ...See More

Harry Potter

Q

Comments (14)
    Well they will be next on my list to do before I can get hold of other patterns I'm trying to locate of native American stuff, kids stuff, cute stuff..everyone wants me to cross stitch stuff for them for birthdays/Christmas/holidays... I hardly keep any for myself lol. It looks like a load of friendly and helpful folk hang out here.. maybe if I hang about long enough I'll be able to help other people out one day :) *waves at shortysmolls* you're a peach :) Reading back through the threads (only came here for the first time yesterday after discovering the site) it seems like there are a lot of people popping in, getting what they want, and then running away without a backwards glance ..... people! lol Linasi (linasi_uk@yahoo.co.uk)
    ...See More

Harry Potter and Book Seven

Q

Comments (85)
    Hi I'm new to the forum but I've been dying to post what I think is coming to book 7... also forgive me if this has already been mentioned :). 1.) I truely believe Snape is still on the good side for a couple of reasons: a.) I think Snape was in love with Lily. It's kind of hinted in book 5 when Harry was in Snape's memory and Lily came to Snape's rescue. I think the only reason he said that nasty remark to her was because he was embarassed that he just showed HER and the other kids on the lawn his dirty undies and was made a fool by his competion. This is probably why James (had a hunch about Snape's feelings for her) and Siris (100% loyalty to James) hated Snape so much and why Snape hates James/Siris. Also, he probably hates Harry so much (not because his father saved his life and was jerk to him) because Harry is a walking/talking reminder Lily picked JAMES (in every book it remarks how Harry looks exactly like James. So everytime Snape looks at Harry he sees Lily in Harry's eyes and her decsion for a husband in Harry's other physical characteristics). b.) You have to admit, JKR was seriously setting up for everyone to hate Snape. I mean it was TOO built up to make everyone think he's on the dark side. Just seems like her to give us a twist. Plus, in EVERY book so far Snape has been Harry's number one suspect except book 6 when he's hunches are seemed to be confirmed... but are they? c.) It seems to me like DD was begging Snape in book 6 to kill him like he promised (if you remember Hagrid caught them fighting about something Snape didn't want to do). d.) JKR seems to be building Snape up for this great... whatever its called where he can shut out his thoughts and feelings from others... and I bet he can also do that against Vold. Why else is he the PERFECT spy? Its not secret Snape is a very powerful wizard and amazing abilities. e.) Last reason (there might be more but this is all I can think of =P) Snape did two things on the Hogwarts lawn... first he prevented Harry from performing the unforgivable curse. Well, you might say "well duh Snape didn't want to die or be tortured" but that comes to the second thing Snape did on the lawn. He didn't kill Harry. Some think that this might be because Voldamort had other plans for Harry and was ordered to not harm him, but I don't think that was it at all. Vold got what he needed from Harry in the 4th book and he couldn't get what he need in the 5th book (which he also needed Harry for). I honestly think Snape was keeping Harry from harm and keeping him from going to Azkaban. 2.) R.A.B. I have two ideas who this is. The first one is Siris' brother. I think it mentioned that his initials are Relmus A. Black (sorry if I botched his first name... but it starts with a "R" anyways). If you remember from book 5, a heavy lockit was found by Siris and he pitched it in the bag AND Remus was killed by the Dark Lord for wanting to back out... but they never got into the details...
    ...See More
  • VanAsten16
    18 years ago

regarding Harry ron and Hermiones jobs i think that harry will become misister of magic because he will be held with such regard and worship by the other wizards that this will be his chance to make the ministry better

ron will prolly become an auror because that is what he always wanted

and Hermione will prolly become headmistress at hogwarts because she loves school so much

• banana_11
    18 years ago

I can't picture Harry as a political character. It just doesnt seam right. I don't think Harry's ever been much of a leader- not a follower either, but still. Harry's just been thrown into the spotlight and people admire and would follow him because of that admiration. Attention hasn't been given to him because of him being leaderly; it's been given because he was the Boy Who Lived (who on occasion has a bad temper, looks guilty of crimes he didn't do, and battles dark lords).

Out of the three of them, I think Hermione shows the most leadership potential. She has organized S.P.E.W. (granted, it isn't exactly well recieved, but thats not the point). She's a prefect and no doubt in my mind to become Head Girl. Yes, I could see her as headmistress. At times, she'd tend to be a little McGonagall-ish, don't you think? But it could be a possiblity.

Harry- he'll be an auror. Assuming he makes it past his seventh year in one piece, of course. But he's already got the stuff to battle evil forces, so why not make a living off of it?

Ron is undecided- it would be interesting to see him in Quidditch. Question... do headmistresses have husbands? :P

However, since we know that there aren't going to be any books after the 7th, and the seventh is about his last year, I don't think we'll learn about their professions. But I do love speculating- isn't this fun?

And that makes me think of another point. If the books follow each of Harry's years at Hogwarts, shouldn't the seventh book do the same? That makes me wonder if Harry will do as he says he will at the end of HBP. Then again, he shows so much determination; what could possibly make him change his mind? Someone in another discussion brought up the possibility of Voldemort attacking Hogwarts. That would bring him back, wouldn't it? For the 'final battle.' Then again, how would he be able to talk to Dumbledore through the portrait- I think that it'll be made possible, considering the actual mention of the portrait appearing on the wall in Dumbledore's office- if he's not at Hogwarts?

So many questions, I can't wait for them to get answered.

• lil_Jean
    18 years ago

has it really said what makes a ghost a ghost? is it something to do with unfinished business or something? maybe lily wasnt a ghost yet cuz she really didnt have unfinished business with dumbledore watching harry but now is another story with dumbledore gone. i could be wrong but itd be super kewl if she did.

• banana_11
    18 years ago

I think I read on mugglenet that JK said that we would be learning alot more about Lily and she would play a big part in the last two books. Since she really didn't in HBP, we should expect an encounter with the red head in the book yet to come. Ghost could definently fit into that category of 'encounter!'

• lil_Jean
    18 years ago

hmmmm... i just had an interesting thought. harry has lilly's eyes. is it possible for a ghost to "possess" someone in harry potter world?

• hpmadfanatic2222
    18 years ago

Personally on the mention of Lily's big role in book 7 I think we will not be meeting Lily I think we will be learning of the past of his parents. Their professions? The three times they defied Lord Voldemort? How did Harry become the one Voldemort was after? Why did Bellatrix and Comp. attack Neville after Voldemort's downfall? This book will probably cover the horcruxes and Harry discovering his past. It would make sense why else begin the journey of the horcruxes at Godric's Hollow. Please Respond.

• blonde_hp_luvr
    18 years ago

As far as the characters careers, I think hermoine could be the minister of magic, but not harry. Harry will probably be an auror.I Really dont know about ron. maybe he will do something very unexpected and become minister or a random career like his dad's career.

• AngelTrumpeteer
    18 years ago

Hmmmm. I hope that Harry plays pro Quiddich for a while. He's got the weight of the wizarding world on his shoulders. I hope that he survives the war and he gets to have a bit of fun before he settles down and becomes an Auror.
    Hermione - I think she'll be a Hogwarts professor, then, perhaps, Minister of Magic.

Ron, - perhaps he'll be good enough at Quiddich to join Harry on a pro team, too, before he becomes an Auror.

• moongirl0719
    18 years ago

Where on earth are all you HP fans out there getting the idea that Harry is a horcrux? I don't recall anything in Book 6 indicating that a PERSON can BE a horcrux. I got the straight impression that only a THING, an inanimate object, can hold a horcrux. A person already HAS a soul!!! I recall DD only mentioning 6 THINGS.

If I am mistaken please someone tell me bc I'd like to know.

• banana_11
    18 years ago

Well, A living thing can be a horcrux. It's unwise to do so, because a living thing has a brain and can make its own decisions. Nevertheless, Nagini the Snake is one of Voldemort's horcruxes. But you're right- it never mentioned anything about a human being able to be a horcrux. Then again, it didnt say anything about a person not being able to be one either. We'll just have to wait and see!

• moongirl0719
    18 years ago

OK at least I know I'm not crazy...! Thanks Banana!

As for Harry being a horcrux, I don't think so...although there is always the possiblity that V inadvertently passed some of himself, or his soul, to Harry when the incident happened. After all, some of their wands' powers crossed paths, why couldn't something else?

• banana_11
    18 years ago

Not a problem, Moongirl!

I do think that Voldemort passed some of his traits along to Harry. They have a lot in common. The phoenix feather wands from Fawkes, speaking to snakes, etc. But Harry being a Horcrux, it sounds really risky on Voldemort's part. It would make for a strange twist to the story though. I really hope we dont have to wait like, three more years for the seventh book!

• race3434
    18 years ago

I have some speculations that I don't necessarily believe myself, but have occurred to me and are interesting.

1) DD has a Horcrux. During his conversation with Malfoy before he dies, he says "killing is not so easy as the innocent believe. . ". This could indicate (and obviously he must have at some point) that DD has killed before and so could have made a Horcrux (or perhaps a "good" version, maybe because he had a lot of "love" and so could split his soul and still have a whole one?) and it could be the Gryffandor sword. It was the only object singled out in his office that still has no real bearing on the plot.

Also I think Snape is still with DD and DD told him (as he told Harry when they went to the Cave) to obey him no matter what, and told Snape he would have to die. THAT'S WHY Snape took the Vow, because he didn't know if he could go through with it when the time came for DD to be killed. I think Snape was R.A.B, and, knowing so much about DADA (having wanted to teach it) I'd be surprised if he did NOT know about horcruxes. I think DD knew he would die and would not need Snape with him, and so gave him the DADA job. He kept if from him (as mentioned in another post) to protect Snape and keep him with DD.

Thanks for reading and any comments are appreciated!

• Gregyn
    18 years ago

ok, *sigh*
    i believe that harry is a horcrux,but i agree with moongirl. Its just that if there was another living horcrux, it would obviously be Quirrel. They never mentioned any other way V could entwine himself with a man solidly, not temporeraliy (like possessing him). Personally, Voldemort probably would never make Quirrel a personal horcrux. Possess him, yes, but never make a horcrux out of him. If he did, he wouldnt send Quirrel out to get Harry. It would be a simple loss of horcruxes. Unless he sent Quirrel out as a test to see how strong Harry is.

just a thought

• Bearage
    18 years ago

Hi guys...First of all want to congratulate you all for spending so much time of day thinking about this!

I have already thought about Snape being good and that's my opinion too...And now you mention it I think yes Harry's an horcrux...

But I've read dunno where that many people will die in the 7th book...and that there's one death that will be particularly hard for JK to write (not harry in my opinion, too obvious...) but I do think harry dies, so does one of his closest friends and that's got to be the hardest death.I bet it's hermione and Ron gets minister or something.

About DD I think he'll reborn or show up another time...using fawkes or something...because you said the 2nd's one of the most important books I realize DD's sentence:
    Amazing creatures the Phoeanixes...they can REBORN FROM THE ASHES and blah blah blah...

Can't wait to have the book.
    Cheers to all
    :D

• Snow
    18 years ago

i doubt that Lily will be a ghost. if you remember back when harry and voldy were face to face and their wands linked, Harry was able to free the souls of all the people Voldy had killed with his wand. Lily and James both were freed. i doubt seriously that anyone who had been killed by Voldy or the DEs by wand will be ghosts. just had to add that in.

• lover_of_orlando
    18 years ago

Does anyone really believe that Harry will survive? I have found no inclination in any of the books that he will. I mean that's what everyone would like to happen, and then have Harry finally enjoy life, but since when has Rowling done anything that we wanted? She never brought Sirius back, though we all know everyone desperately wanted that. And she never had Harry become super powered with 'The Power He Knows Not'. She has her own agenda and plan and won't follow anything that we ask for, and that's the thing everyone enjoys. She uses hidden clues in each of the books that we don't fully comprehend until we read the next. i'm sure she laughs at some of her fans when they start dissecting every part of the book trying to find these clues that are sometimes hiding right under our nose.

I think the reason we can't all decide on what Harry will become is because he might not become anything at all. There has been nothing in the books that anyone can look at and immediately associate that with Harry. Quidditch and Defense are what he is talented at, not something i can see him doing as a profession. I don't believe he has a future and I think Harry doesn't believe he has one either. That's why he lives by each day, each minute and doesn't plan what he wants to do after Voldmort. I think in his heart he knows he wont be able to walk away from Quote;Unquote "The Final Battle", but he is putting everything he can into making sure Voldemort doesn't either.

Onto next subject: will everyone just give up these stupid shipper/'true love' crap. Harry won't marry Hermione. He won't make love with Luna. He won't pronounce his love for some random girl. And he most certainly wont fall in love with Ginny. He is a 17 year old boy whose only focus at this time is his (again) Quote;Unquote "Destiny". I am 16 years old, going on to 17 in July and I know by personal experience i defintely am not in love with my boyfriend. sure i love having fun and talking with him, and of course the kissing, but that doesn't mean I'm about to go and marry him or say I love him. I'm only 16 years old. thats not what i think about. I think about whether i can maintain my 4.0 average, not some boy that can walk out of my life at any minute

snape: tricky character he is. God I just sounded like Yoda. Anyways, i believe he is neither Dark nor Light. He has shown characteristics of both and I think he will use this to his advantage. i think that at the "Final Battle" he will go to the side that is winning. he looks out for his own wellbeing and in all truth is the smartest and most minipulative character in the book. He knows how to survive, and that's what counts.

Malfoy: hmmm, I think he will seek out Harry and will try to get help that way. He said the only reason he joined the DEs was because he feared for his and his family's life

RAB: Regulus Black like everyone else

Dumbledor: i think he is dead but he will be the one to come back as a ghost. i think he...

• hpmadfanatic2222
    18 years ago

Will Harry survive? I am not sure. Personally I am not sure J.K. Rowling will let us know. Many famous authors have left us right in the middle of something very important and left the point of the story up to mystery. The Giver(great book) leaves guessing whether he is crazy or whether he really has arrived. I'm not sure I'll like it but everyone will remember it.

Snape: I don't care what anyone says he has had his second chance way too many times. I think J.K. Rowling has been setting him up to fall like this. So for the past five books he has been the character-to-blame then at the end he is revealed innocent. So then at the end in "The Final Battle" Snape is there and we all think Snape do the right thing and he betrays our belief. Any excuse you have that Snape is innocent I can dismiss or reverse into an evil act. TRY ME.

Dumbledore: Dead as dead can be. But his memory lives on.

RAB. I have two guesses. One a Bones' family member. Remember Susan's family was killed by Voldemort. My second guess is the character might still be alive. Should Voldemort have discovered the Locket was gone he probably would have replaced it. So we might be looking at someone like Karkaroff who just left Voldemort's service.

• lover_of_orlando
    18 years ago

To hpmadfanatic:

The RAB is probably the person Dumbledor was refering to when he told Malfoy you could hide a person so securely that everyone thinks they are dead.

So, someone we think is dead will probably will come back in the 7th book, and will be like, "Um... Surprise?"

• DanIsSoGorgeous
    18 years ago

I think RAB is Regulus Black, sirius's younger brother. In OotP it says they found a heavy locket in the Black manor, and everytime the locket is described in a memory it was always a heavy locket...And regulus was a follower of voldemort, and killed for unknown reasons....

As for Harry's fate, i'm really hoping he doesn't die, because that would just be a depressing ending to the series!

• moongirl719
    18 years ago

I don't think that Harry is a horcrux. Altho your arguements are so compelling I will have to rethink this. But I do think that Harry is going to die in book 7. My belief for this rests in the fact that all these stories - the likes of LoTR and CS Lewis - many of which JKR has admitted to being influenced by - they all end the same way. The Chosen One - a Christ figure - must sacrifice himself for the good of the world. It would be too perfectly Hollywood ending if he survived and lived happily ever after.

My 2 cents.

• Wicked04
    18 years ago

Has anyone here ever considered both Harry, and Voldemort dying in the end? I was thinking about this the other night, and i do think it would be devastating if Harry were to die, but you never really know what J.k. will come up with.

• moongirl719
    18 years ago

Actually I have thought of that. I thought of it after the curse was revealed in OotP. DD tells Harry that the curse states that one has to kill the other. But the way it is worded - and you can go back and look - I remember taking it to mean "One dies if the other dies." I took it like this because I figure, if they are linked together and share pieces of souls, etc. then one cannot live if the other is killed. So if Harry kills V, then he will die, too.

• sheriz6
    18 years ago

I was always a firm beliver in Harry surviving the last book, yet as it approaches, I've started to seriously consider him not making it. On the one hand, I can certainly see Harry being killed off since he is the Christ-figure/magical-sacrifice/Frodo-character. On the other hand, though, these are kids books, the hero is not supposed to die, and there would be a collective planetary shriek of agony that would probably be heard on Mars if Harry does, indeed, wind up dead at the end of book 7.

I found the prophesy to be worded in a confusing manner. I think Rowling has a trick or two up her sleeve, and something entirely unexpected will happen. I still think Neville has a role to play in the Voldemort endgame, too. Why else would he have been set up as the "alternate Harry"?

She's said the last word in the last book will be "scar". I've been trying to work that into an ending line that makes sense and I have found it's easier to do with Harry alive than with Harry dead. Don't know if that makes a bit of difference, though, lol.

Bottomline, I don't think Harry will die, but I guess I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he did. Grief-stricken and howling, yes, but not entirely surprised.

I just hope she's writing quickly.

• twobigdogs
    18 years ago

This thread is amazing. I loved reading all of the comments and opinions. May I add my own?

I think Snape is good. If he was to be painted as a traitor, those seeds could have been sown in HP1 during the first quidditch match. Hermione thought Snape was putting a curse on Harry's broom, but Snape was actually trying to protect him.

Second, I think Harry will both live and die. I think he will initially die in his first battle with V and then, like Fawkes, return from the ashes to learn more (back at Hogwart's) before his final triumphant battle with V.

Ron and Hermione, I think, will survive. But it's my guess Ginny will die because all of those Harry truly loves with all his heart die. Ginny will then be the ghost.

A final historical note: Back in the late 1800's, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle also had a famous character whom he killed off. The public outcry was so huge that he was forced to bring this character back to life. That character, still more famous than his author, was Sherlock Holmes. Maybe history will repeat itself?

I'd love to know what you think of my opinions. Thanks for sharing yours.
    PAM

• lover_of_orlando
    18 years ago

I don't know if rowling would actually do that. i mean i would like to think that she was a strong enough person not to care about what her readers think. This is going to be her last book, at least for the Harry Potter series. As I said before, she has this whole book planned out. I think that she will finish the book in an amazing way that none of us have thought of. It might be sad, yes, we have the 5th book as a pefect example, but it doesn't mean we won't love it.

• roxanne404
    18 years ago

Wow...and I thought writing the 7th book would be easy you have all introduced so many unanswered questions! You are the most creative bunch I have ever seen.
    Anyways one thing i noticed is we forgot entirely of the GOF. We have all these allies who could change the entire outcome of the book!
    If JKR has to kill off a character wouldn't it make sense for her to bring back Victor Krum to help with the fight and when ( if ) Ron dies Hermionie will still have some one to love?

• potterbookluver
    18 years ago

y would jkr have victor krum come back and fight wit harry, ron and hermionie it doesnt make since, plus i thought jkr said we wont see andy more wizard/witches from other countries anymore

• dreamyllony
    17 years ago

DD...dead or alive?
    I believe DD's mysterious murder to be a trap that will mislead V into thinking his path to Harry is free. The phoenix is a vital key player in book 7 and as it is reborn from the ashes and Fox seems to be very fond of harry for his loyalty towards DD, i see a triangle going on here linking harry, the phoenix and the supposedly dead DD. I think it wise that DD have some kind of mysterious bond and magical relationship with fox enabling himto resurface. Whether he will resurface as a wizard or possibly as an animagus through fox or the portrait, i do not know. One thing is for sure: DD is alive and there would be no point in building up the theory that V always feared one person, DD, if V wouldn't face his fear which would alter his ego. You see, the books always talk about how the only wizard V ever feared was DD, but if he is dead, the build up about what makes DD so great above all,serves no purpose, and knowing JK's style she will use this key sentence and clue to show what DD is known for but yet has not really shown, after all DD is possibly the heir of griffindor and wise above all others.

Snape...a double edge sword? Yes, this character is the most enigmatic of all the series. I have to admit. I feel Snape made the vow for there was no other way out. After all, Bellatrix even though she talks a lot, would be a great threat to him if he refused, seeing how she desperatly needs to prove to V how big of a traitor he is. Let's not forget she is vicious and could lead to a deadly fight. I think that Snape will meet again with DD to confide in him what the dark lord will have done or suspected of the order since his ''supposed to be absence''. I believe that his intentions are good and that he will choose, for the greater good, to appear to fight alongside V, to spy on the dark lord and also usinglegilimency and occlumency to block his mind and confuse the dark lord. Snape will have the biggest role of all even though he will not share the spotlight with harry. I believe that it might be on DD's orders that Snape not stand by harry to fight V because DD knows that harry would find it strange and feel hoodwincked. Therefore, Snape will pretend to help V and fight with harry from a distance using mind games which he is good at. Silence and the mind are Snapes forte. His battle will be a mental one. Also i think Snape does not wish to remain physically at harry's side because harry reminds him too much of james who in the past, mistreated him severely. Think about it...what a clever coverup...snape remains on V's side and communicates with harry in a distance using legilimency and occlumency.

Harry and Luna L.: the misunderstood
    Let's review this relationship. Why would Luna's character enter the series in year 5 so suddenly and accompany harry in deadly adventures so suddenly if she weren't to become an important part of harry's life. She gives the impression of having no extraordiary power and yet does not seem to...

• alexxa
    17 years ago

A couple of the coolest points I've collected from other discussions:

1) The term Horcrux translates as "Cross of Horus", which is another term for the Anhk, the symbol of eternal life

2) In alchemy, the making of the philosopher's stone involves various chemical processes leading to ultimate purification (eternal life or conversion to gold), which are represented by different colors. The color sequence is black, white, red. Dumbledore's name means white (Albus, as in albino). Hagrid's name means red (Rubeus, as in ruby), and obviously there's Sirius Black. Thus, Harry is going through his own maturation / purification, represented by his mentor who die at the end of each book- Black, then White (Albus), so supposedly Red (Hagrid) will die in book 7.

• mexicanz
    17 years ago

WOW!!!!!!!! I never considered that hagrid would be one of the ones to die that is a very intriguing and good point...

I have a theory about how harry's scar will affect him in the "final battle".

you kno how harry has a link to v's emotions and feelings... well whut if when v dies harry feels it and that ultimately affects him living or dying...that may not make any sense but i was considering that as i was reading all of these comments.

another thing if harry does make it out ok i think that even if he were offered the job of being minister he would turn it down just like dumbledore did. I think that he would become an auror because that is the only career he has ever considered and he will still have to go after v's followers once v is gone.

please tell me your ideas on this...

• mexicanz
    17 years ago

i remeber jk sayin that harrys eyes were gonna be important in the next book. also, if harry were a horcrux then why would voldemort want to kill him? and i also read jk say that almost all of the stuff she put in book two to make it book six were gone. and the hagrid dying thing creeps me out. it would suck but its likely.

• mexicana
    17 years ago

ur meixcanz jk did say that you couldnt get a hint from book 2 b/c she did do such a thourough job takin it out of the plot... and i think that it would make soo much sense for hagrid to be killed off in the next book.

i think that harry is gonna have to ultimately sacrafice himself for one of his friends in the "final battle" b/c that would be the only the that it would make sense for jk to kill off harry. think about it he would then have died for the same reason that his parents died... i dont know how much sense i am makin on this sooo write me back and tell me whut u think.

• dreamyllony
    17 years ago

Yes i believe so. Why? well let's look a little bit closer at the circumstances in which Snape leaves harry after supposedly killing DD:(Flight of the prince:HBP)

First, when Snape runs away with Draco to escape from Hogwarts, Snape stops the other death eaters from hurting and killing harry, by implying they should leave him to the Dark Lord, which in my opinion is a code for letting harry(and us readers) know that he does not wish to kill harry and that he is acting as a spy for the Order. Obviously, Harry likely ingnores this possibility as he witnessed what he thinks is a murder.

While Harry tries to curse Snape on his escape, this is what Snape says to Harry, which leads me to believe he is warning Harry of the tools he will need in the future to help himself in the final battle against V. Here it goes:

>

Yes! Snape is perhaps mad, yes indeed. But I believe that this remark is in fact a warning that unfortunately Harry will interpret wrongly. Can we blame him? The answer is no, of course...

Thats it for now, but i'm looking for more insightful clues.

• gw:hermione-ish_chick
    17 years ago

hpmadfanatic2222, listen to what I have to say about the prophecy. JK states exactly what it means in the books!!!!
    Prophecy:
    THE ONE WITH THE POWER TO VANQUISH THE DARK LORD APPROACHES....BORN TO THOSE WHO HAVE THRICED DEFIED HIM,BORN AS THE SEVENTH MONTH DIES...AND THE DARK LORD WILL MARK HIM AS HIS EQUAL, BUT HE WILL HAVE POWER THE DARK LORD KNOWS NOT...AND EITHER MUST DIE AT THE HAND OF THE OTHER FOR NEITHER CAN LIVE WHILE THE OTHER SURVIVES....THE ONE WITH THE POWER TO VANQUISH THE DARK LORD WILL BE BORN AS THE SEVENTH MONTH DIES.
    means:
    Quotes from OotP (pages841-843, US edition):
    -the person who has the only chance of conquering Lord Voldemort for good was born at the end of July, nearly sixteen years ago. The boy would be born to parents who have already dified Voldemort three times. ~Dumbledore~
    I think: Dumbledore said that this could be about Neville to but I think that Voldemort chose Harry because the fact that Harry had more powerful parents who have defied him in more powerful ways.
    -He chose, not the pureblood (which, according to his creed, is the only kind of wizard worth being or knowing), but the half-blood like himself. He saw himself in you before he had ever seen you... ~Dumbledore~
    quotes from HBP (pages 510-512 US edition):
    -Voldemort created his own worst enemy ~Dumbledore~
    -...He not only handpicked the man most likely to finish him, he handed him uniquely deadly weapons. ~Dumbledore~
    -'You are protected, in short, by your ability to love!' Said Dumbledore loudly. 'The only protection that can possibly work against the lure of power like Voldemort's!' ~Dumbledore~
    -Of course you've got to! But not because of the prophecy! Because you, yourself, will never rest until you've tried! ~Dumbledore~
    -'You see, the prophecy does not mean you have to do anything! But the prophecy caused Lord Voldemort to mark you as his equal....In other words, you are free to choose your way, quite free to turn your back on the prophecy. He will continue to hunt you...Which makes it certain, realy, that--'
    'That one of us is going to end up killing the other.' ~Dumbledore & Harry~

She might have left some things out...But this is all we will need to know at the moment. It means, in summary, that Harry can love and Voldemort can't. Harry is not really acting on the prophecy, but out of hatred to Voldemort for killing Lily, James, Cedric, And Sirius. Voldemort marked Harry as his equal and mande his worst enemy. Voldemort will hunt Harry so he can kill hime. So in th end either Harry kills Voldemort or Voldemort kills Harry. Neither can live while the other survives because Harry can't stand it if Voldemort is living and Voldemort can't stand it that Harry is liveing. Out of all our time trying to figure out the prophecy we could be wasting our time on something more important. (It may sound lame but it makes perfect sense) :) (:

Here is a link that might...

• gw:hermione-ish_chick
    17 years ago

You want proof that Dumbledore is alive? I have proof. Go to www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com and that gives you all the proof you need

Here is a link that might be useful: glyphs

• abhi_infinity
    17 years ago

J K ROWLING IS RIGHT SHE DOES NOT WANT TO INTEND TO DIE(HARRY) HARRY HIMSELFS SUICIDES BET ME . I AM NOT GOING TELL YOU LAST PAGE OF 7th BOOK. BUT I GIVES YOU HINT WHY HE SUICIDES-HIS SCAR . BET ME SEE NEXT YEAR WHEN BOOK WILL PUBLISHED AND CONTAT ME

• Bearage
    17 years ago

Hey again guys... As I read hermione-ish_chick's post I had this crazy idea about the prophecy... I tought that all we could be missing was ponctuation... As when saying the prophecy Trwenely (sp?) was in transe she only spoke... Didn't give any emphasis to her words... So it may be possible...
    With this idea in mind I felt like brainstorming and I came up with this... It's probably rubish but heck I gave it a try =D

THE ONE WITH THE POWER (who? V, harry, Dumbledore, Neville, luna? )

TO VANQUISH THE DARK LORD APPROACHES (snape approaching V?)

BORN TO THOSE WHO HAVE THRICED DEFIED (many of the characters defied themselves, maybe thrice? Who defied who? )

HIM, BORN AS THE SEVENTH MONTH DIES (when did V came back? Anyone else was born in the same period as harry? Maybe not of the same year?)

AND THE DARK LORD WILL MARK HIM (he marked all the death eatersÂ)

AS HIS EQUAL BUT HE WILL HAVE POWER THE DARK LORD KNOWS (someone close to V, also evil, his equal? Also powerful? Snape? )

NOT...AND EITHER MUST DIE (two people dying? Who?)

AT THE HAND OF THE OTHER FOR NEITHER CAN LIVE (being both killed by the same person?)

WHILE THE OTHER SURVIVES THE ONE WITH THE POWER TO VANQUISH (the guy with the power keeps onÂ)

THE DARK LORD WILL BE BORN AS THE SEVENTH MONTH DIES. (Â)

I have other crazy ideas but I'm running late now so I will possibly post them some other time.

Thanks and sorry for reading my trash xD
    Cheers

• spawn26
    17 years ago

I dont think that Harry is a horcrux. If he was, would Voldemort be trying to kill him? Besides, he couldnt touch him after Lily gave her life to protect him. Wouldnt that prevent him from transfering his soul to him?

Snape is not working with Voldemort, but against him. He has no idea of what the "plan" is when he takes the unbreakable vow. He is just trying to figure out what they are talking about. And I dont think Voldemort trusts Snape. Why would Wormtail be listening at the door if he was there to assist Snape? He was there to spy on him.

And I also dont think Dumbledore is dead. In the first book, Snape tells the class in their first lesson that he can teach them to put a stopper in death. And didnt Slughorn have the class make this potion in the Half-Blood Prince? Dumbledore is the only wizard that Voldemort fears, so with him dead, wouldnt that make him more confident in his plan to kill Harry? And if everyone thinks he is dead, it would make it much easier to find the remaining horcruxes and destroy them before Harry has to kill Voldemort.

As to who will die, personally I think it will be Snape and Ginny. Snape will show his loyalty protecting Harry from Voldemort and die in his place. As for Ginny, I think she will die because of the second book, and the face that Voldemort will realize that Harry loves her. I think that Ron was originally supposed to die, but he is the character that got the reprieve so that he and Hermione could help Harry with the final battle, since there is most likely something to come from the fact that Harry, Ron and Hermione have the 3 different magical cores in their wands. I forget where i read that exactly. But it does make sense, since Harry's wand alone, will only cause the "Priori Incantatem", so there will need to be more to finish him off then just his wand alone.

• wildchildaddict
    17 years ago

hey guys! wow this is some really intresting stuff... i had these crazy ideas and im not sure i really belive them but here it goes... (im sorry in advance for spelling errors)

1. ok first of what if DD and snape switched places when harry and DD went off to get the locket after all there was polyjuice potion in the dungeons... so actully DD killed snape?? hmmm i dunno i didnt want DD to die but i think he is dead... *tear tear* lol also...

2. what if neville is actully the one who kills Voldy...

3. i dont think Luna will get togeather with Harry cause remember at the end of HBP they say that luna was helping neville into a chair (or the other way around.....lol)

4. about hermione and ron.... i think tha they will get togeather but the only person who will know will be Harry (and maybe ginny??) mabey he will walk in on them having a little "time" togeather....

5. i think fluer will have a bit of part in the next book.... dont know y but...

6. also all you guys keep going on about how JKR says this and that but also she sayed this is MOST LIKELY what is going to happen and it could change...

also my guess is that the book will come out next summer or around thanksgiving... this year...

i also want to suggestthat u listen to the books on CD u hear things that u havent noticed and then read the books again u find things that u have NEVER remembered....

im sorry if i have sounded prissy.... i dont mean to be :) tell me what you think!!!

• alicia7b
    17 years ago

I thought of Harry being a Horcrux too, but wouldn't he be more evil? What other powers does he have of Voldemort's besides being able to speak Parseltongue?

If Harry were killed that would be a strange ending to a series that began with the chapter "The Boy Who Lived".

• luna_5
    17 years ago

All right you fanatics!
    Harry will not be studying at hogwarts during his 7th year, but will return occasionaly or at some point to visit Dumbledore's (and now Minerva's) office. I believe that this office contains many clues 4 harry to go on to bigger things. Remember that this office was a place of study to DD who collected many objects,and astronomy among other things. Perhaps there is something in the stars harry has yet to learn about. As well don't forget that many portraits remain animated, containing several characters, old headmasters and mistresses whom all have great knowledge and secret portraits hanging around the country.(just a thought)

Some people believe the final battle will take place in the dark forest but i think it unlikely. The idea of a final battle risking the lives of hundreds of students on school grounds is not what JK would think appropriate. It's already enough that some characters will not make it to the end...

Harry will attend the weasley and delacour wedding before heading off to his personal venture. He will only tell hermione , ginny and ron about the adventure, although, certain members of the order will discover the plans he has and will keep a close watch on his journey...I believe that Lupin and tonks will secretely follow the star trio.

Harry will want to learn more about his parents life before death and will discover his grandparents identity and roots as well, from where we will finally understand how harry has become so wealthy throughout his parents. I believe James potter was naturally wealthy because he had noble blood, passed on by a long term royal family, turned sour. Of course their gold will have increased with their daily jobs seeing how talented james and lily were.

Harry will not linger too long in godric's hollow for many death eaters will expect him to go there.

The death eaters help lucius escape from askaban. The dark lord finds out from an unreliable source that narcissa spilled the beans concerning draco's mission(possibly wormtail who was evesdropping at the door(HBP). V will then personnaly kill narcissa, but lucius will not have the opportunity to stop it.

Snape who is now on the run with draco will appear finally at his supposedly masters feet once more, looking like the devoted puppet. Only snape will play his part well for some time, which will put him in the lords good graces. With all this new excitement and rush, draco starts to have mixed feelings about this new dark side he has prepared for all his life. Draco does not like his father anymore for letting his mother die and begins to understand snapes real plan. Draco starts to believe what DD told him about beeing able to hide people so other would think they are dead. He begins to want to join the other side. Remember that Draco has always been a coward and wanted to befriend harry on their first night at the castle. Children are often the products of their parents due to lots of intimidation....

• hobbit
    17 years ago

interesting thoughts Luna 5 but jk has specifically said that aunt petunia will not start showing any signs of magic and she is in no way magical. she has also said that harry and luna will not get together. Also she said that the part of Dumbledore Killing Grindelwald will come into play, somewhere in the story.

Very interesting, i really like most of your thoughts though. they sound like something that jk would do in her stories.

• luna_5
    17 years ago

So hello everyone and hello dear HOBBIT.
    Thank you for these comments...now that i have read some of the predictions done by JK and the english press, i know that for a fact, DD did bite the dust and is very much so dead...However, as JK says, DD will be very important in the last plot of the 7th book. Why?...

Let's see...my prediction stated before, that harry would come back to hogwarts to visit the headmaster's office will turn out to be true, since thats one of the ways DD will speak to harry...through the portrait remember...

It has been said that wizards in porttraits are not the real wizards or witches, but only a fraction of their person or image, therefore it is not completely DD harry will be talking to but a fraction of him...

I stand by my prediction that maybe more than DD's portrait will be of service to harry...even those who don't like harry that much.

You know how in the books, DD says that a person who's life has been spared by someone else is indebted towards that person. Well there are a few people who fit the mole of the RESCUED and who are forced to now become the RESCUERS. Who in the previous books has been blessed by harry's brave heart...Let's see...First Ginny, then Wormtail, then Mr. Weasley. But frankly, only one person seems to have not done much in harry's presence...ron...besides his humble and quite honest sacrifice from the philosopher stone, he hasn't done much and always seems to get injured, leaving hermione to deal with the adventures and the clues.

I agree with most fans that ron will do something totally heroic which will probably cost him his life...hermione will in that case be totally devastated...but i think that after some time, she could probably fall for harry...now...would harry fall for her ?

i'll come back with some more stuff.
    luna_5

• wildchildaddict
    17 years ago

Hey everyone! i just had a wild crazy hpyerish thoought... what if old voldy and LILY had a thing.... cause lily is supposed to have a big ploy in the 7th book adn i dunno how that would tie in with the book but also they make it clear many times that lily didnt need to die adn that the only reason she did die was to save harry.... any comments?

• i_am_a_mudblood
    17 years ago

I reckon thereÂs something that Aunt Petunia is hiding from Uncle Vernon, Dudley and Harry, Because Petunia was sent a howler in the 5th book. The howler said ÂÂ Remember my last, Petunia ÂÂ .We later find out that the howler was sent to her by Albus Dumbledore, he told Harry that it meant ÂÂ Remember my last letterÂÂ. However, J.K. Rowling tells the public that there were other letters that we do not know about. And by judging from the surprise that Vernon receives, we must assume that he is not aware of the prior letters. A possibility to consider is that Dudley is a Wizard. In the 6th book when Albus Dumbledore arrives at the Dursleys residents and says on page 57 (Bloomsbury) ÂÂThe best that can be said is that he has at least escaped the appalling damage you have inflicted upon the unfortunate boy sitting between you [Dudley]. ÂÂ. And incidentally it is Uncle Vernon who objects to this. The most appalling damage inflicted upon Dudley could easily mean that Dumbledore has provoked magic which stops Dudley being a wizard, but now we will have to see what happens to Dudley. Because now that Dumbledore is dead surely the magic will have lifted? Apparently in the final book we will find out what memories Dudley relived the night that he and his cousin were attacked by dementors. We also find out more about Petunia and her past.

Another thing that caught my attention was the boy ÂÂ Mark EvansÂÂ has anyone else realized that Lily PotterÂs maiden name was ÂÂEvansÂÂ too? Surely J.K. Rowling wouldnÂt have used the same surname if there wasnÂt a link?
    And JKRowling told the public that someone would stay at Hogwarts after their the schooling, but it wouldnÂt be Harry. Nor would it be Ron, this leaves Hermione or Neville I think? She did say this along time ago, so she may have changed her mind

Is Snape a good guy or a bad guy? There are many things to suggest that he is good- for instance, he might not have known the plan but simply caught on to what it was. There are many things to suggest that he is bad- the fact that when Narcissa Malfoy was expressing her worry about her son, the only clue she gave of who Draco had to kill was that Voldemort had failed to kill him. How would Snape know it was Dumbledore if Voldemort also failed to kill Harry Potter? I do however feel that it is more likely that Snape is bad due to the fact that he killed Dumbledore. ALTHOUGH he may have done it on DumbledoreÂs orders. It is VERY hard to tell.

By the way do you remember when Dumbledore said something about he will only truly leave Hogwarts when there is no one loyal to him left. Harry is ofcorse still loyal to him. Im not sure if this is still the case now that Dumbledores dead.

I know this is crazy: but I think Harry might be a horcrux. Dumbledore did tell him in the 2nd book page 245, 9th line that Voldemort had left some of himself in Harry. CouldnÂt that mean that he had left some of his soul in Harry? If my...

• wildchildaddict
    17 years ago

Eloise Midgeon has been showing up latly.... i wonder....??? well anyway... i just thought this was cool.... 2day was halloween and this little girl was Hermione and i thought that was sooooo cute!!! sorry had to put that out there.... and i REALLY hope harry isent cuase that would totally defet the book.... w/e i hope not... AND I LUV HAGRID....actully hes okay but the caracter i dislike the most is Aurther Weasly ok peace out people

• wildchildaddict
    17 years ago

ok i know im crazy but what if lily and V are related on Voldys dad side....cause he was a muggle.... so yeaa....