SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
patty_cakes_gw

Carpeting in baths....

patty_cakes
16 years ago

I'm readying my condo to hit the market by mid-June. I've completely repainted all rooms a warm tan, but left the deep red accented fireplace wall, top portion of DR and small PR. Kitchen cabs have been painted a creamy white, new appliances purchsed, and bit the bullet and installed 'Granite Transformations', and over-existing countertop made of crushed granite and resin. Boy does this stuff look like 'real' granite! Engineered wood flooring was installed a couple of years ago in the kitchen/eating area, sitting room off the kitchen, as well as the powder room, and more recently the living room. Large 18" stone-looking porcelain tile set on the diagonal was installed in the foyer at the same time. I've also replaced bathroom/kitchen sinks/faucets, and a few light fixtures. I'll be installing new carpeting in BR's, DR, stairs, hall, and to make it easy on myself and my budget, i've decided to carpet the 'loo' and vanity areas. It's an '84 condo, and the original flooring was lino, which i've ripped out in preparation of the tile, but have re-thought the idea, and am going for a quick fix so I can finish packing stuff up for storage.

Question~if this were the only turn off about a home, would it stop you from purchasing? New construction in S. CA is still showing carpeting in baths, so i'm hoping this will fly with prospective buyers.

Truth be known, i'm 'done in' and just want to get it listed. The place will show like a model when i'm finished staging.

Otherwise, any other ideas? ;o)

patty_cakes

Comments (30)