SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luvofbeauty75_gw

Bathroom flooring question (style, type...)

luvofbeauty75
9 years ago

Hello all! I need your help again!

So after getting a few estimates for our Jack and Jill bathroom, we decided to do a smaller scale remodel and our friend's subcontractor friend will be helping us (we saw his work before he seems decent). But now I have a question on our bathroom flooring.

So the sink areas of our Jack and Jill bathroom is carpet (YES carpet!!!) and the bath/ toilet area is some ugly vinyl sheet flooring. Now we would like to have 1 kind of flooring all throughout the bathroom (I hope this will make our bathroom look bigger!). I was thinking either some wood looking porcelain tiles or travertine look porcelain tiles (probably the Lowes Del Conca). However the subcontractor told us if we do tiles, the flooring of the bathroom will be higher than the bedroom (carpet) because of the cement board + thickness of tiles. He said we can take a look at this laminate waterproof flooring. Now I like the "wood" look, but I don't know if laminate waterproof flooring is really fine for the bathroom? Any experience?

If not, any ideas/ suggestions? Or for tiles, can we use any material (e.g. thinner cement board) so that the bathroom floor won't be that much higher than the bedroom carpet floor? Or how about those nice looking vinyl plank flooring or groutable vinyl tiles I see now? Are those ok for we have wood subfloor?

Oh and one last question, while I do like wood look flooring in the bathroom, I'm not sure how that will look in our L-shape Jack and Jill bathroom. What do you think?
Please share with me your ideas/ opinions/ experiences. Thanks!!!

This post was edited by luvofbeauty75 on Wed, Aug 27, 14 at 19:24

Comments (14)