SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debbie_jean_brown

Best type of flooring for MH bathrooms?

Debbie B.
8 years ago

I looked through the archives and couldn't find a direct answer to this question. I have a small main bath (tub/shower surround combo, toilet, one sink, maybe 2-3 ft of counter space) and a tiny half bath (toilet, sink). My MH is a 1979 SW. Rather amazingly, all the fixtures in both bathrooms are original to the house and still in good working condition! This includes the linoleum floors. Nevertheless, I hope to fully remodel both bathrooms. My question is about flooring. I'm going to redo all the flooring in the whole house (14x56 w/ 2' pop out in LR), including a major beefing up of the subfloors. I was leaning towards vinyl plank floors pretty much throughout, but now am questioning the wisdom of doing it in the bathrooms. I can only afford to do this once, so I need to get it right the first time. What is the best type of flooring to use in a MH bathroom? What type is least likely to cause problems down the road? A related question: should I do the new bathroom floors at the same time I do the flooring in the rest of the house, or should I wait until I remodel the bathrooms and do it then? Thank you in advance for any advice you can share with me!

Comments (6)

Sponsored