SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandiefl

I need help and prayers from the KT prayer warriors. Please.

sandiefl
13 years ago

I posted once on the Caregivers forum, and I have tried so hard to deal with this by myself, but I just cannot do it anymore. My husband Jim and I have taken care of my Mom, Dad and brother Ken for or entire married life. Going on 47 years.As soon as my Sister and younger brother were old enough to leave home, they left the state. Leaving Jim and I to deal with Mom and Dad and Ken. The reason that I say deal with, is because the three of them were miserable together and we would have to constantly go over to their home and try to calm things down. My Mom got sick first and died almost 20 years ago. I took care of her until her death. After she died, we really thought that Dad would throw Ken out. Make him get his own place and take care of himself. He has worked, he can drive a car, the only thing he cannot do is clean up after himself.But Dad and Ken seemed to need each other. Ten years ago, my husband and I moved to another city. Because I was already taking care of Dad, I asked him to move in with us so that we wouldn't have to travel to another city everyday. The deal was when he and Ken moved in, and Ken had a job, Ken would get his own place.He sat in our home for a year and would not even look for a job, until we quit paying for his phone line so he couldn't sit and play on his computer every day and would have to look for work.Dad died four years ago and we still have Ken. He does nothing to help in the house. He sits in a chair and eats all day. Will not clean up after himself, leaves it for me to do. He lost his job and is now here 24/7. My sister and brother are both sick now. Lung disease that my mother died from and diabetes that my Dad had. I have had breast cancer twice, Jim has had triple bypass, just had lung surgery and I just cannot deal with Ken anymore. My sister and brother say that they are sorry, but we are stuck with him. I have been so depressed and upset with him that I am afraid that I will have a stroke and then who will take care of Jim. Ken has SS and for some reason he is getting disability so I know that he could get some place to live. He hurt his back in March and had very minor back surgery. He is capable of going to the mall, he worked for Sears, and sits there all day and tells him co-workers how terrible Jim and I are because we want him to grow up.My daughters are afraid that they will be stuck with him. Please help. I am not a bad person, I just am very tired of dealing with him.Jim can't even recover in peace in our own home.

Comments (23)