SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joann23456

Giving a refurbished electronic gift

joann23456
13 years ago

I bought a digital picture frame that retails for $50+ for $25 refurbished. I've checked it all out, and it works fine.

I would like to give it to a good friend's sister. We spend Christmas Eve at my friend's home and I like to get her sister a small gift - the $25 price range is what I'd normally spend.

The box that the frame came in has the word "refurbished" printed on it, as it should. So, the question is whether to leave the frame in the box, or to get rid of the box and give the frame in a gift bag.

Personally, I buy refurbished electronics most of the time, and wouldn't mind at all, but my sister thinks we should give it in the bag. I figure that if we put it in a bag, my friend's sister will assume that it's something we had lying around the house.

What would you do? I'm actually pretty excited about this, because I think she'll love it and have already loaded it with pictures of her family.

And a second question: I have a $10 rebate coupon for the frame, but I need the original UPC code, which is on the box label. Would you remove it, ask for it after giving it, or just not bother?

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths