SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

weird - found mail stolen from my mailbox

3katz4me
12 years ago

I went for a walk tonight and found mail stolen from my box and my neighbors - really weird feeling. I was supposed to get a DVD from Netflix on Weds and never received it. I reported the problem to them - thinking my mail was delivered to the wrong address since it seems like that happens all the time.

So I'm walking along and see what I think is some litter thrown in the woods along the road. Immediately though I realize it's the distinctive red Netflix envelope and start thinking - I wonder if that's my DVD. There was some other stuff in there too. So I pick it all up and sure enough - it's the envelope for my DVD - DVD taken. It's also a mail order prescription envelope for my neighbor - ripped open but medication remaining inside.

I live in a really safe area and quite disconcerting to know someone's rifling through my mailbox. I brought the meds back to my neighbor and he thought it was quite odd since he has a locked mailbox. After thinking a bit more about it I suspect his prescription may have been delivered to my box by mistake (as I mentioned mail is misdelivered on my street all the time).

Anyway, very weird. Netflix DVDs and a few mail order items are about the only thing of any value that comes in my mailbox. Amazing that someone is now stealing this kind of stuff. I'm thinking it's kids but the fact they're poking around into prescription medication makes you wonder. It was a larger package though so maybe they thought there was something of value in there.

What's ironic is the movie was about delinquent kids and how a teacher helps turn some of their lives around. Hopefully they watch it.....

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert