SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyfulguy

ole joyful's current dilemma

joyfulguy
12 years ago

Some of you may remember my issue (was it a couple of years ago? more?) with older underwear of the lower variety that, having gotten rather old and, shall we say, "out of shape" ... without stretching things too much (which they were rather prone to do)?

And how, since the briefs were otherwise in rather decent condition, it seemed a shame to throw them out, I came asking for advice as to how to retread them? Did I mention at the time that, in at least one situation, I'd sewn some overlapping portions in the attempt to regain some of the original purchase ... thus forestalling/(delaying) a current purchase (of new ones)?

Finding your advice to pitch them (or use them as dust-cloths) and get new ones not sufficiently conservationist, I'd gone to the dollar store to get a piece of elastic to make a belt.

Being too frugal to get one piece for each unit of the underwear, I planned to get one piece that I could move from unit to unit, daily.

It seems to me that several of those items are still operational, and have functioned fairly well, using the moveable elastic girdle.

Son and his lady got me some fresh ones that I use when going out on the town (or doing something strenuous, where the current arrangement's efficiency slips a bit).

I'm not too enthused about having my underwear hanging down around my knees, as you may recall. I'd thought to call my original situation "problem" ... until I realized that would apply to a lady wearing a dress while downtown shopping - that would be "problem": mine was merely a dilemma.

My current dilemma is this ...

... now, when that elastic girdle has become rather old and tired, on a couple of occasions I've found that it has slid down around my knees ... and the underpants, held by the belt on my pants, it appears, have stayed in place.

When I was shopping originally, they had 1" wide elastic ... which was only 36" long, and to have used that would have interfered substantially with my breathing! Rather than trying to find a link that would take up the extra space, plus be fairly durable, I bought the 1/2" elastic.

I've found another situation that has been giving me some difficulty, as well.

One of my pairs of pyjamas is rather aged, too, it appears. In any case, when wearing them around the house, I have to give the waistband a yank quite frequently in order to avoid having them slide down around my knees ... ankles ... thus hindering my progress, and, in fact, putting me at risk of being tripped ... and we couldn't have that, could we?

So, I need your advice, again.

Do you figure that I should build the bulge ... better to battle the beastly, jigglin' jockeys and 'jamas so frequently circling my knees?

ole joyfuelled

Comments (72)