SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeaninwa

Filling out job application

jeaninwa
10 years ago

Well, after a horrendous month at my job, I actually walked out yesterday. They had been dogging me ever since I documented some things that they knew would get them in trouble, and they were pushing me out the door.
Yesterday was the last straw.

I was cook at a daycare center. They were going to suspend me for telling the director, after I was told to go home, that the dishes weren't done yet. This after they changed my hours, telling me that it was so I would be there to do the dishes, and yet they put me in a classroom so I was unable to do them. (Basically, I feel they lied about why they changed my hours. They wanted to get me so upset, that I'd leave) They continuously put obstacles in my way and nit picked me to death, calling me to the office for every and any little thing.

I have NEVER had problems at any other job I've ever had. NEVER been written up for anything, never had problems with co workers or job performance or attitude. I found it to be intolerable, and so instead of being suspended, I walked out.

I have a job lead, an opening where I'll be able to teach again, and I'm really excited about it, but I'm having a hard time feeling positive about myself and answering some of the questions on the job application. I need to get on this before the job is no longer available.

I wish I could take a couple of days and get my head back on straight before I have to do this but I must strike while the iron is hot.

On top of that, the night before this all went down, I bought a plane ticket to go spend time with my sister who started chemo this week and leave on the 21st. I hope I'll still be able to go, spend time with my dear sister and not have to eat the $300 plane ticket.

My emotions are all over the map. Angry at how I was treated, elated that I don't have to deal with it anymore, missing the kids at the center, scared about getting another job, sad that I won't see some of the people I worked with on a daily basis anymore. Mostly, I feel drained and defeated.

I guess mostly, I just wanted to get this off my chest in hopes that I can tackle that application again, but first, I need to knock that chip off my shoulder and regain my belief in the good in people.

Thanks for reading

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County